Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Don't Bring Me Down!
11/27/2012 3:59:38 AM
Know that when a person is toxic, it is because of their own issues. Accept that a toxic person's behavior has nothing to do with you. In life, each of us has to take responsibility for our own actions. Toxic people do not do this. They have a habit of turning things around so that you feel bad, you feel guilty, and you feel like you are at fault. Realize this and take back your power.

toxic people.jpg

There are many times that we have to deal with disagreeable people...you know the ones..people who will literally suck the life out of you..some people call them emotional vampires, poisonous people or toxic people. Whatever name you want to give them, they are trouble with a capital "T"

I guess today was my day to deal with these kinds of people and I can say with utmost sincerity..they will bring you down, they will do all they can to make you feel that you are wrong,they will twist your words, they will question your beliefs and your ethics and the list goes on and on!

Just like in off line they can be in your social community, they can be part of your business, so running away and not talking to them is not so easy an option.

so what can you do?

I guess for me personally, understanding that these people means saying that while these people are being so despicable, the reality is that it is not personal...if they weren't doing it to me, they would be doing it to others. Wisdom comes from knowing how deflect the poison away from me and taking the time to do some self care ( for me that means a cup of coffee and going for a walk)

Here is an article about toxic people that I have found to be helpful...I hope it helps you ~

Bonus: YA!

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Don't Bring Me Down!
11/27/2012 4:43:42 PM
Hi Diane,

Good topic and I tell you that I like the point 5.

5. Do not defend yourself

It doesn't matter to this people if you defend yourself. They are not listening anyway. They have problem no matter what.

Bogdan

Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Don't Bring Me Down!
11/27/2012 7:38:40 PM
Good morning...no good afternoon Bogdan and how are you today?

Ya I like number 5 also, because it is true..the more you attempt ( note the wording) to defend, then everything escalates and worse what I have found is that toxic people will twist your words even more and at time you come out looking like the "bad guy".

There are those times as I said, that walking away is not an easy option, at times down right impossible, so learning to minimize what can be done, learning how to create the bubble around you is important so that you are not as affected.

What I have really learned though is not to take it personally, the reality is ..if it is not you the toxic people pick on, it will indeed be someone else.

You know... I really like how you are joining in the different conversations on Adland and elsewhere..nice to see and keep it going....

Take care and if I can help in anyway.. you know where I am... coffee cup in hand....lol

Diane

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!