Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: $2M worth of art nabbed in heist
11/15/2012 5:42:01 PM
Hello Roger,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. You are right in everything you say and I second every word in your post both separately and as a whole. Also, I deeply enjoy exchanging our different views on this wonderful matter of art.

And of course, I understand your love of Cezzane and Derain. I have also been a great enthusiastic of their work. Only in time I went full circle and came back to my first love of Constable and his love of detail. I read somewhere that he used a myriad hues of green to paint the leaves of a tree... Well, he certainly worked a lot to create each and every one of his wonderful landscapes.

However, it is not this love of detail that I most admire in him or, for that matter, in other great British and French landscape painters; but it is the special atmosphere in his works, at the same time delicate and dramatic, in many cases spectacular, that makes them magnificent to me. I often wonder though, how would his paintings be if he had lived in our time? I am afraid there is no way to know it. I come to this simple conclusion, seeing his works and those of the fauvists and impressionists, that different times produce different artists.

Thanks again,

Miguel

Quote:

Luis,

That's great news.

Looks like the theives couldn't find a market for their swag.

I liked your comment about the other missing paintings.

I understand why you say that but for once I slightly disagree. Personal taste.

I am very fond of fauvist art AS AN IMAGE and as a way of looking differently at things. Cezzane for example got more and more abstract in his landscapes until some were decidedly amateur looking, however, being accepted as a great artist experts looked at WHY he went that way.

I love this Derain

The stolen painting here with the boats on reminds me of Derain and I would love to own as I like the palette and the overall construction, however, I accept that this is not accurately produced or the work of a master. I know that if I were to be given the choice to own one between a Constable and this painting (price aside) I would probably go for Constable because of the beauty of the workmanship, technique and the care taken in replicating the view, however, I confess that I would get less bored or overfamiliar with the colourful image.

I know you will understand even if not in agreement. That's what makes art fascinating.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!