Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Chicken Pox Diary
1/11/2006 1:32:10 AM
Hi Marilyn, Oh, dear, that's TOO funny - and too real... We also have four children and it's sure no fun when they all get sick, no matter what it is. A growing number of people these days are opposed to vaccinations, but they are not aware of history. Even chickenpox can cause serious complications, and the risk involved with vaccinations is small compared to the risk of actually getting the disease, especially as an adult. Vaccinations have done wonders for us. While there ARE serious risks involved with vaccinations (you should educate yourself), the number of people who died or were crippled from diseases like polio, smallpox, TB, etc., before the development of vaccinations makes it seem well worth the small risk to me. Some would say that these really serious diseases have been eradicated and it's no longer necessary to vaccinate against them. Unfortunately, some of them (like TB) are making a comeback, and the others will probably resurface, too. God bless, Dave
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Chicken Pox Diary
1/11/2006 1:50:13 PM
WoW! Great Forum Marilyn, Getting the chicken pox is very rough. You never no with one person to the next. I got them when I was 19 yrs old. Let me tell you............ Not a pretty site at all. Very uncomfortable. I was really ugly and sick. I still have scares from it. Of Course you can not really see them, but I know. Both my children have had the vaccine. Thanks agian. Love,
+0