Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Yoko Ono's Wacky "To The Light" Art Exhibit
7/15/2012 2:58:38 AM
Kathleen,
I have always loved your comments and as usual you are right on. You are cool.

I like Rogers description too. Gave me a good chuckle, and I agree
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/15/2012 10:56:14 AM
Myrna,

I second your words by a hundred per cent. Both Roger and Kathleen's criticism are precise and to the point. In addition, have you read the captions under each of Ono's "artworks"? I love the deliciously ironical description of 'Helmet'... Don't miss it!

Miguel

Quote:
Kathleen,
I have always loved your comments and as usual you are right on. You are cool.

I like Rogers description too. Gave me a good chuckle, and I agree

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/15/2012 1:20:10 PM
Roger,

I am glad you like Salvador Dali, because if I can I will feature him shortly. It's something I have been considering for a while now.

As to the rest, I can only thank you for the great input.

Miguel

Quote:

I am open to strange and thought provoking art.

I would love to paint like Salvador Dali for example. I aim to paint surrealist stuff myself. Give your viewer a challenge to understand by all means but at least be skilled enough to paint something recogniseable.

I don't begin to understand all of Dali's motives or reasons but, boy, could that man paint and produce wonderous images.

As for this Yoko rubbish, no, sorry, wasted on me. It's a case of using a well known name, being avant garde and keep self-promoting. Some idiot somewhere will take you seriously or worse see a way of making money from it.

In my opinion she has as much talent as a piece of used cardboard and is far less useful.

You may have guessed? I don't value her very much.

Roger

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/16/2012 2:05:26 AM
Hi Kathleen,

I agree with you on everything you have said. To me, art is something we all must respect, at least all of us who appreciate real, honest art.

This because among virtues, honesty is top and foremost for me. I am afraid Yoko Ono has very little of it at present... I don't know if she ever had.

Great feedback as usual.

Special thanks to you,

Miguel

Quote:

She's just riding her fame (or her late husband's fame) once again. Without that, she wouldn't be in any gallery.

She could just prop her chin on a pedestal and call it "wizened apple" and that could be better than just plopping an apple there.

I have bags of sand from New Jersey and Florida and Michigan, are they art?

I have rocks from several different states and different parts of Canada, are they art?

I have puzzle pieces that my cats chewed on, are they comparable to someone's brain, as in chewing on problems?

I've had the idea of taking cellphone photos of buttcracks at the grocery store, for some reason, that's the place to see a lot of upper unexpected tush. Grocery shopping and UUT. Is it art?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!