Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Yoko Ono's Wacky "To The Light" Art Exhibit
6/21/2012 11:18:05 AM
Dear Friends,

So sorry, this post is actually an "anti-post" and I hope you will forgive me for bringing it to you.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Yoko Ono's Wacky "To The Light" Art Exhibit

As John Lennon would say, "Oh Yoko! In the middle of a high-class artspace I call your name..." After focusing more on music in recent years—where she's become an unlikely dance-music heroine—Yoko Ono has returned to visual art with a London display titled "To the Light," her first public exhibit in a decade. And yes, Beatlemaniacs, her late husband plays a posthumous role in it. The subtitle of one of their classic songs, "War is Over," plays a key part in one installation of Ono's at the Serpentine Gallery. Another mixed-media piece features a slow-motion video of Lennon smiling, which ties into an ongoing project of Ono's in which she says she's hoping to get a snapshot of every person in the world flashing a similarly happy expression. Frown is over, if you want it! Below is photographic preview of what London art lovers are seeing in Ono's exhibition. -- Chris Willman

Before there was the logo for the Beatles-owned Apple Records, there was Ono's own strikingly similar green apple, in 1966, which gets a reprise in this exhibition. (photo: Dave M. Bennett)

VIEW GALLERY

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Yoko Ono's Wacky "To The Light" Art Exhibit
6/21/2012 2:14:17 PM
Hi Miguel,

This is too much, I surely understand why you said anti. To me it doesn't make sense, but what do I know.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2012 4:25:26 PM
Quote:
Hi Miguel,

This is too much, I surely understand why you said anti. To me it doesn't make sense, but what do I know.

Myrna

You are absolutely right, Myrna; that is NOT art at all and any aim at profiting from anything like it can only be based on the alleged artist's fame or notoriety.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2012 8:44:28 PM

Interesting.

I've moved a little on some modern installations but I'm not impressed by this.

At least she got a reaction.

Maybe that's what she wants.

Even bad publicity can be good publicity.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2012 8:47:35 PM

Look at this

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4325894/Blanksy-exhibition-features-invisible-art.html

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!