Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE HUDSON RIVER SCHOOL - THOMAS COLE
6/13/2012 1:28:14 AM
Hi Miguel,

You and roger are really getting me into these paintings.Yes I can see the mountain peck to the upper left
I just noticed something on this one that I did not see before. The trees to the left are bent over like a mighty wind coming from the entrance of the cave Exciting

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/16/2012 12:29:59 AM
Hi Myrna and Roger,

Seems I will have to stop posting other Thomas Cole's paintingss for the time being; I am afraid my screen has been looking like this for the last couple of days days (see below) and I can hardly write on my keyboard at present, let alone see images clearly. I could even have to replace it, I mean my monitor, for a newer one and this might take a few more days.

And Roger, I cannot agree more with you on your last observations about Thomas Cole. He certainly "
catches the light on each occassion and captures the mood and the scene most accurately and on each occassion, and there is in his paintings that special something that is missing from a photograph, it's memory and invention and a little of the artists soul...." Unfortunately, until I can do something about this problem I will not be able to perceive any of these things - not even approximately.

So see you in a couple of days; I really hope it will not take longer.

Hugs,

Miguel

Quote:
Hi Miguel,

You and roger are really getting me into these paintings.Yes I can see the mountain peck to the upper left
I just noticed something on this one that I did not see before. The trees to the left are bent over like a mighty wind coming from the entrance of the cave Exciting

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/16/2012 8:41:24 AM

Miguel,

Maybe we need to pass this back to Admin.

This happens to me if I paste straight from an Art Gallery site etc.

If I send to Photobucket and then bring it here it's ok.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2012 10:08:07 PM
Hello Roger,

I am afraid this problem has nothing to do with my pasting images directly from the source but is my own screen that is to blame for it. If you could see it right now you would agree with me. Not only is it showing everything in a pale and whitish and almost transparent hue like all color has disappeared in a ninety percent, but also ugly straight lines are diagonally crossing the screen from left to right, lines which I assume are not visible in the screen print I previously posted but have been filling it it in number of nine since this problem started, about three days ago.

I hope tomorrow Monday I will be able to solve this once for all, whether I have my monitor repaired or more probably changed for good.

I hope I am not late if I take this opportunity to wish you a happy Father's Day.

Hugs,

Miguel

Quote:

Miguel,

Maybe we need to pass this back to Admin.

This happens to me if I paste straight from an Art Gallery site etc.

If I send to Photobucket and then bring it here it's ok.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2012 7:52:45 AM

Thank you Miguel for you wishes and explanation.

Good Luck.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!