Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Man finds rare Picasso print at thrift store
3/29/2012 9:39:43 PM

Dear friends, I am so glad to bring this to your attention.

Ohio Man Buys Genuine Picasso at Thrift Store for $14

Man finds rare Picasso print at thrift store

Zach Bodish buys a framed art exhibit poster for $14 but then spots an unusual mark.How much it might be worth

An Ohio man may have accidentally gotten the deal of a lifetime at a thrift store. Zach Bodish, an art enthusiast, paid $14.14 for what he thought was a framed poster reproduction of a famous Pablo Picasso print.

Bodish later discovered a small red signature at the bottom right of the print, and realized he may have an original Picasso print on his hands. He told the Columbus Dispatch that he "started shaking a little bit." So he did some research and found out that the signature is in the same place that Picasso signed his other original prints.

In 1958, Picasso was asked to create a poster for his 1958 ceramics exhibit in France, and the piece Bodish purchased is numbered 6 out of 100. So his piece is one of the earlier proofs that Picasso approved.

Art experts who have seen the print say the signature looks like the real deal, and could sell for $6,000 at an auction or double that if it were sold to a gallery. For now, Bodish says there is a good chance that he will sell the print.

Here is a video from The Huffington Post:

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Man finds rare Picasso print at thrift store
3/29/2012 10:44:45 PM

Hello Luis Miguel!

WOW! Interesting story!

Blessings

Alain

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2012 2:09:14 AM

10_1_136.gifHi Luis,

Ohio isn't that far away from me. I already know what the guy looks like. Hmmmmm. Oh, wait a minute. I don't have transportation. Every once in awhile, things like this do happe. I used to set up at Flea Markets and one day I was checking the other dealers booths. I came across a delicate bird statuette made of shell, so thin that you could almost see throigh it. The dealer had a price tag of $5.00 on it. I looked at him and said, "Are you sure?" He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, how about three dollars." I picked it up, turned it over and showed him the inscription on the bottom. I asked him where he got it and he told me that he does odd jobs and was cleaning out a house for a couple whose elderly parents had died. They did not want any of the junk and they paid him to haul the stuff away. He said that there were about five of the figurines but most had broken. I shook my head and told him that he should not be so careless. I added that I would love to pay him $5.00 for a Ming Dynasty original. Someone heard me, examined it, and offered him $500.00 on the spot. It was worth much, much, more. After that I learned not to talk so loud in public places.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2012 9:00:05 PM

Well.

That sounds like a good day's work to me.

These things are still out there.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2012 9:40:54 PM
Quote:

Well.

That sounds like a good day's work to me.

These things are still out there.

Roger

You are right, Roger. Mike, I had a similar experience a few years ago which fortunately let me bring a fine porcelaine tea set to my home for less than twenty dollars. It was at a popular fair in my district, and only one of the tea cups was not intact. I still remember how happy I was feeling on my way home with my 'treasure'. And I am sure I could get similar offers at the same place even now.

Who knows?, I might try my luck again one of these days if and when I have some money left in my pocket - which is not very frequent at present. :((

Thank you friends for the great feedback.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!