Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Mary Evelyn's Koffee Klatch
1/28/2012 3:16:46 PM

Helen I think all of us, at one time or another, have had uncontrollable fits of laughter at not only inopportune times but at inappropriate places too. Something I have never been able to figure out is why some things only seem funny then. :)

Quote:

Hi Evelyn and Amanda and all

Tim Conway is one hilarious guy most of the time. What amused me is that he knew what he was doing would get Harvey Korman going and he did it on purpose.

Speaking of bursting out laughing at the most inopportune time, I've had moments like that.

One that comes to mind is when I was a college student. I had returned to school in my 30's so most in the class were about 10 years younger than me. To determine where we belonged as far as our English skills were concerned we had to write an short essay in class unprepared.

Later in one of my Math classes we had a professor who every once in a while would wander off on some other topic. He was an East Indian fellow with excellent English skills. One day he asked why people in this country always said, "you know" at the end of a sentence. He looked so disgusted which tickled me to no end. I wasn't laughing but I was very amused.

Then he said, "Students even write "you know" at the end of their sentences in initial essays." and still serious and a look of disgust, he says, "and we even had one of them write it (he turned and wrote it on the blackboard) like this >> "you no". Well that did it. I burst out laughing and I couldn't stop. I tried to stop laughing while he went back to teaching Math and all of a sudden I just would burst out laughing again and I could not stop. Some of the class began laughing a bit, too. I decided I had better leave the classroom.

By the way, it wasn't me who wrote "you know" at the end of sentences. My essay received a high grade. Later when I wanted to take a class in expository writing, they wouldn't let me because they needed the space for people whose writing skills left something to be desired.

Helen

Quote:

Amanda spontaneity really does keep us young in mind and spirit. I think a lot of things done on the spur of the moment are most times the best. :)

Quote:

James definitely laughs when I laugh yet I am not so affected to this, but once I am in full gales of laughter it is a different matter.
No I can't say I have laughed in church or at a funeral but James and I have laughed ourselves hysterically in restaurants, shops etc - I do not feel embarrassed when people look at us strangely or even care - for most of my life I had to tow the line. I am free and laughter is the best medicine and spontaneity of fun keeps us young.

Quote:

Isn't it strange Amanda, how just by watching someone laugh, we either laugh with them or get a big wide grin on our face? And have you ever gotten your giggle box turned up side down when you were some place you shouldn't be laughing, like at church or even a funeral home. I've often wondered why some things are so funny when we're some place we should not laugh. LOL

Quote:

I could identify with Tim Conway having a difficult time composing himself.
There has been times when I have tried to tell James a story or joke and as I try to tell him I start laughing, then the harder I try to stop I laugh even harder then James gets into the act and either starts laughing because I am or looks at me funny which sets me off into peals of more laughter - my stomach hurts and it is 10 minutes or more before I can get myself back under control to finish the story..LOL
Amanda
Quote:

Hi Myrna, wasn't the Carol Burnette show a wonderful show? And it was people like Tim Conway and Harvey Korman that helped make it such a great and funny show. So many hilarious scenes and yet never vulgar or x rated language and even the kids could watch. When the networks lowered their standards to permit anything goes, we all lost big time.

Quote:
Hi Evelyn and friends,

I thought I would let you with a laugh or too.

+0
1/28/2012 3:18:37 PM

Hi Helen, yes I have seen this video, but again, it is one that will always make you laugh along. :)

Quote:

Some of you will have seen this one before but it is still funny

Bride Can't Stop Laughing During Vows || YDL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clw7SAJs_6w

+0
1/28/2012 3:24:29 PM

Happy Saturday Mark. If you want to set up an Adlandpro Learning Center, I'm sure there are those who would be more than willing to help. I can post the link here on a regular basis, even daily, if need be, to help get the word out. I also go through the new members list daily and I can include a link too, to those who respond. If we all work together, we can accomplish much more. I am technically challenged in a lot of ways, but there are a few things I know and could share. Have an awesome day. :)

Quote:

THANK YOU MARK, if not for your generosity in making the graphic, my front page would still be plain. It is sincerely appreciated. :)

Please don't misunderstand me. The Header of the message is just a header that I used for the posting of message. There are several forums that when I make a post has a header related to the forum. I am not trying to change your new opening page as it looks good. It is just my way of doing things. I think it starts out with a visual look and also maybe a little branding in my part. You did understand the message and so far no one has anything active or detail enough for AdlandPro'sLearning Center. I could do one but probably if it was a group effort to put it together.

+0
1/28/2012 4:06:15 PM

I got an email yesterday about the 50's and in the body of the email it mentioned Stagger Lee. Had not heard or even thought of that song in ages so I googled it and found this. Hope you enjoy it and maybe it will also bring back memories to those of you who are old enough to remember it.

The first censored rock n roll record to be a #1 hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPutYaGFlE

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/28/2012 5:06:35 PM
Quote:

Happy Saturday Mark. If you want to set up an Adlandpro Learning Center, I'm sure there are those who would be more than willing to help. I can post the link here on a regular basis, even daily, if need be, to help get the word out. I also go through the new members list daily and I can include a link too, to those who respond. If we all work together, we can accomplish much more. I am technically challenged in a lot of ways, but there are a few things I know and could share. Have an awesome day. :)

Quote:

THANK YOU MARK, if not for your generosity in making the graphic, my front page would still be plain. It is sincerely appreciated. :)

Please don't misunderstand me. The Header of the message is just a header that I used for the posting of message. There are several forums that when I make a post has a header related to the forum. I am not trying to change your new opening page as it looks good. It is just my way of doing things. I think it starts out with a visual look and also maybe a little branding in my part. You did understand the message and so far no one has anything active or detail enough for AdlandPro'sLearning Center. I could do one but probably if it was a group effort to put it together.

Evelyn,

I share your dream.

Teaching folk to get around Adland and how to share the best that it has, is a wonderful ideal.

The problem that I have found with Forum Informum is that discussion and chat is needed but then when people need to access the info they have to plough through all the pages.

We need to workout and index to the correct page OR cut and paste the useful info into one or more forums that are not for general posting.

IDEAS HOW ANYBODY?

Geek needed.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!