Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to...
3/22/2005 9:44:20 AM
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth - to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry, Statesman
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Karen Yeomans

22 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to...
3/22/2005 9:54:10 AM
Hi Bogdan, Thank you for the invite-Knowing the truth is the only way we can really move ahead. Karen
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty! Try Something Different Today
+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/22/2005 10:57:58 AM
O.K., I have to play the Devil's advocate here. "Truth" is a much misunderstood word. There is never one single truth for any single situation. I would even go as far as to say that there are as manuy "truths" as there are people involved or examining the same situaion. Patrick Henry, of course, spoke about "the whole truth" and he spoke from a practical standpoint and it is admirable that he wanted to prepare for the worst case scenario, but I suggest that is as impossible to know the whole truth as it is to examine every single facet of a diamond simultaneously. Amalia
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0
Steve Chichester

52 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/22/2005 11:16:47 AM
I reflect back with amusement at what Harrison Ford said as Professor Indiana Jones in one of his movies. One of his students wanted to know if it was the truth. The professor said, "This is a course in archeology. If you want to search for the truth take a course in philosophy." Is the search for what works and what doesn't in marketing a search for the truth? Hmmm, the contemplation of my navel doesn't seem to be getting it done. :-)
Steve Chichester Empowering Pro*Active People
+0
Thea Westra

235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/25/2005 10:14:08 PM
As good ol' Dr Phil says' "You can't claim it till you name it"! There's no action to take with creating a new future till you can access the "what's so" right now. Can't travel from Sydney to Perth if you don't know you're in Sydney to begin with! Plus you'll need to know where Perth is and all the possible routes that you could take to get there. That choice of route will depend on how fast you want to get there, the type of vehicle you'll be using, whether you want scenery or the direct & boring route etc. Hope the imaginative types out there can relate to the points I make here. I could go on for days and thought I'd keep it brief for all our benefit. :) lol Love from Thea
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!