Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donggeun Yoo

2984 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Chapter Twelve: Exemplary Acts 27
11/16/2011 12:44:56 AM
Chapter Twelve: Exemplary Acts 27

When the Founding Master was visiting Maryŏng Temple, Oh Songam came to visit him and said, “Since my daughters Chongsun and Chongt’ae joined your order, they have refused to get married. That’s not what I would like, but since I haven’t been able to change their minds, I have left them alone. So, please, would you take responsibility for their futures?” The Founding Master said, “My dharma is different from that of Buddhism of the past, in that it does not formally prohibit married life. However, how can I be indifferent to those who, having made such an exceptional vow, aspire to spiritual practice and public service with pure bodies and minds? But their futures depend not on their parents or their teacher, but on their own minds. Hence, leave the ultimate responsibility to them, and let’s you and me just try to guide them with sincerity.” Songam got up, bowed and happily consented to his daughters becoming ordaine
WARNING: A new immensely powerful viral marketing system has been released, which allows marketers to broadcast messages directly to people's desktops. Learn more about it here: http://www.DesktopLightning.com/ohmmani
+0