Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Richard Mathiason

1539 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RGCSL Daily Insights – How can I let Spirit work through me…
10/28/2011 12:52:11 PM

RGCSL Daily Insights

Rio Grande Center For Spiritual Living, Albuquerque, NM

Around the year with Ernest Holmes
Compiled by Serving New Thought

We give thanks to the Divine Journal for their work in providing this.

Return each day to RGCSL Daily Insights
You will find a new and wonderful insight!

The insight for today:

"THE DIVINE URGE"

"Question—How can I let the Spirit work through me? How can I discriminate between a Divine Urge and a human impulse?

ANSWER—The first thing for you to do is to recognize your unity with the great Universal Expression. If you can get a clear concept of your oneness with It you will be able to differentiate between the human impulse and the Divine Urge. For in the former, you will see that only the smaller self will benefit through the fulfillment of your desire, while in the latter, you will discover that what benefits you will be beneficial to all. Although the Universal Urge works through the individual, It never loses sight of Its own cosmic purpose. Therefore, you may ask yourself whether only selfish ends are served by the fulfillment of the desire within you. If you find this to be the case you may be sure that your human impulse is father to the desire. The Divine Urge is altruistic, serving the many through Its least expression. It deals with spiritual factors, such as love and service for their own sake; It is true to Itself on every plane of Its expression. To let this spirit work through you it is necessary that you find that secret place within your soul where you realize that your identity as an individual is simply the working of the great Self-knowing Mind."

Insight:
"From this inner sanctuary analyze your impulse, whether it be the petty personal or the great Impersonal."

“It operates simply by speaking.”

– Ernest Holmes

Join us in a celebration of expanding consciousness

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!