Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
BBQ Favorites
8/17/2011 5:33:47 PM

Barbeque Sauce Index

BBQ Sauces

Connect on Skype: Wanda Rawlins - Trainer/Coach/Consulting Email: 12bizbrand@gmail.com
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: BBQ Favorites
8/17/2011 7:00:33 PM

Hi Wanda,

Always happy to meet some more friends who like to cook like I do. Of course, being from Davidson County, NC, home of the Barbecue Festival, with this Forum topic here, you're touching on a subject near & dear to my heart, and my stomach too!

Here's a little something that I just fixed the other night, that was Plum Good!, even if I do say so myself. I hope that you all might like it as well.

Barbecued Brisket of Beef

• 1 cup White wine
  • 3 cups apple cider
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar -- packed
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
  • 1 tablespoon whole coriander
  • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 1 brisket of beef -- (2-1/2 lb.)
  • Combine wine, cider, honey, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger root, coriander and thyme in Dutch oven or heavy roasting pan. Add brisket. Cover tightly and place in oven. Turn oven to 350F and cook 1 hour. Remove brisket from cooking liquid, cover and set aside. Transfer liquid to medium pan and cook over medium heat until reduced to a glaze and thick enough to coat back of spoon. Using covered grill, light about 12 charcoal briquettes and add small piece of mesquite or other wood. Be sure to place charcoal and wood to one side of grill. Arrange brisket on grill so that it is not directly over burning wood. Paint it with some glaze. Place cover on grill and smoke brisket 1 hour, turning meat and coating with glaze every 15 minutes. Add charcoal or wood, small piece at a time, if fire seems to get too cold. Remove from grill, thinly slice meat against grain and serve. Offer any remaining glaze on side.

Have A Great Week My New Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Lawrence Bergfeld

381 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    8/17/2011 9:19:03 PM

Man that looks like it tastes more delicious than the steaks cooked at Stew Leonards!!

Lawrence Bergfeld

PS: Be A Mentor With A Servants Heart Lawrence Bergfeld 917-399-6207 lawrencebergfeld@gmail.com
    +0
    Phillip Black

5931 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 50 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/17/2011 9:44:04 PM

Hi Lawrence,

Having never eaten a Steak cooked in their Restaurants in either NY Or CT, I can't say for certain if this Brisket tastes as good as one prepared at Stew Leonards, however I can vouch for how good this one tastes. I will say that all of the steaks that I have ordered from Stew Leonard's Catalog were top-notch, at least when cooked on my Grill here at home in NC.

Glad you liked the Recipe my Friend.

Have A Great Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
    +0
    Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
    Invite Me as a Friend
    Top 25 Poster
    Person Of The Week
    8/17/2011 11:30:02 PM
    hi wanda. i love bbq too although we don't have it too often. our old bar b que is kinda breaking down on us. we will get a new one next year.

i LOVE to collect recipes!! thanks to you and Phil for adding some more new ones. phil has a wonderful FOOD forum. go check it out. he offers so many kinds of food/recipes there. and he of course has some bbq recipes!!!

thanks again wanda for another fun place to visit on adlandpro

pat

yum ...... mouth watering

http://knol.google.com/k/how-to-make-the-best-barbecue-ribs-ever#

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
    +0