Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
What you think of yourself is much more important ....
3/21/2005 9:41:57 AM
"What you think of yourself is much more important than what others think of you." – Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Playwright and Philosopher
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Nick Mys

357 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: What you think of yourself is much more important ....
3/21/2005 10:01:10 AM
Yes, I agree with Lucius Annaeus Seneca
+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/21/2005 10:29:58 AM
Yes, and this works on many levels. It's not only the image you reflect depending on how you think of yourself, it's also the effect your own perception of yourself has upon you. For instance, if you believe in yourself, you are more likely to make confident decisions. Each correct decision reinforces your own self-worth. It also reinforces the way others perceive you, i.e.: as a decisive, worthy individual. Negative self-perception can be quite destructive. For 10 years I worked as the personnel manager of a large company, and had to evaluate thousands of applicants for jobs. I can vouch from personal experience that it wasn't alwaways the best qualified on paper that got the job - rather, the one that beamed with self-confidence and the assurance of self-worth. Amalia http://www.showmypage.com/pages/amalia
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0
Mark Wade

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/21/2005 10:33:24 AM
Good Morning Bogdan, This is a cool post/quote. I have opportunities almost every day to discuss this same thing with friends. Something I heard a long time ago applies to this, in my mind anyways... "Those who judge don't matter and those that matter don't judge." If you're feeling good about yourself, what others think just isn't really important. Right On! Have a wonderful day, Mark
b5media ought to be known as bsmedia. That's my message for now...
+0
Thea Westra

235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/21/2005 11:39:28 AM
A couple of related quotes from Thea: "Be yourself and think for yourself; and while your conclusions may not be infallible, they will be nearer right than the conclusions forced upon you." ~ Elbert Hubbard ~ "Doubt whom you will, but never yourself." ~ Christian Bovee ~ "I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself." ~ Rita Mae Brown ~ Thank you Bogdan. Love from Thea
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!