Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: My personal journey
7/11/2011 8:03:28 PM
Hi Roger,

Your paintings are great, they are all nice. I like you wife likes the clock. I love the colors. Colors make me happy, without color I feel sad. Do you know what I mean?

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/11/2011 8:37:45 PM

Hi Roger,

I agree with Myrna, colors are EVERYTHING!

I'm a big fan of red and lime green in your works, (also bright teals and hot orange are among my favorite colors)

The fish and the clock and the fruit are my favorites up there.

Anyone who creates with color, whether it's art or knitting or jewelry-making, acquires a way of looking at color combinations in everything. When I go outside and see the nature combinations, the pink/green in summer against a white wall or picket fence looks fantastic, or dark mulberry colors with deep forest green, or different shades of green pine/fir trees with brown pinecones, the plant & flower combinations in every day life are great inspirations for artworks. Also ocean/sky blues together are intriguing, where the sky meets the water in different shades of blue.

+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2011 10:23:34 PM
Greetings Roger...

Sir Rodger ... love the journey,

the thread here is great , paintings and all.

Always with your best foot foreword :) Thank you!

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2011 10:47:49 PM

Quote:
Greetings Roger...

Sir Rodger ... love the journey,

the thread here is great , paintings and all.

Always with your best foot foreword :) Thank you!

Thomas,

What a delight to have you view my work.

Glad you enjoyed.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2011 10:51:42 PM
Quote:

Hi Roger,

I agree with Myrna, colors are EVERYTHING!

I'm a big fan of red and lime green in your works, (also bright teals and hot orange are among my favorite colors)

The fish and the clock and the fruit are my favorites up there.

Anyone who creates with color, whether it's art or knitting or jewelry-making, acquires a way of looking at color combinations in everything. When I go outside and see the nature combinations, the pink/green in summer against a white wall or picket fence looks fantastic, or dark mulberry colors with deep forest green, or different shades of green pine/fir trees with brown pinecones, the plant & flower combinations in every day life are great inspirations for artworks. Also ocean/sky blues together are intriguing, where the sky meets the water in different shades of blue.

In the clock I used Goauche. The colours are so lovely and strong and fairly and fairly opaque.

I had a great night tonight at a portrait lesson. Very slow to get drawing done but need to take care as I want to overpaint in watercolour.

Roger

+0