Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Vegetable Stuffed Meat Cups
6/15/2011 4:02:12 AM
Here is a recipe my grandson and I made over the weekend. It was good so I thought I would share it.

Vegetable Stuffed Meat Cups

Ingredients:

1 package frozen mixed vegetables

1-1/2 pounds ground beef

1 cup shredded cheese

1 pouch dry onion soup mix

1 egg

1/2 cup bread crumbs

2 Tablespoons Ketchup

Instructions:

Microwave vegetables till crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and stir in 1/2 of the cheese.

In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and ketchup.

Press the meat mixture into custard cups or a muffin pan. Divide the vegetables over each meat cup.

Bake the meat mixture/vegetable mixture in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Sprinke remaining cheese on top of the vegetables.

Serve with additional ketchup.

This recipe tastes like meat loaf, so could be used in a loaf pan if you don't have custard cups or a muffin pan.

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Vegetable Stuffed Meat Cups
6/16/2011 3:12:55 AM

Hi Donna,

This sounds delicious. I would use Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef, but I love the simplicity of the idea. I also love the fact that you are teaching your Grandson not only the importance of learning to Cook, but also how much fun it can be to do it as a "Family" project. Way to Go!

Have A Wonderful Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Vegetable Stuffed Meat Cups
6/16/2011 5:06:28 AM

Hi Phil,

I have been teaching my 15 year old grandson how to cook for about 2 years now. He shows some promise for sure. He is taking cooking class at the high school, too. He likes to chop the vegetables so that is a help to me since I have arthritis in my hands.

I like simple recipes when I am in a hurry to make something.

Thanks for supporting my forum, as usual!

DonnaZ

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!