Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Standby to be amazed
3/15/2012 8:47:15 AM

Myrna,

No, my wife doesn't understand why I sing and record.

She tells people that I can sing but thinks my recordings are awful.

Perhaps she has taste?

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2012 2:16:54 PM
Hi Roger,

I don't agree with your wife, you have nice recording. Well that is ok, you can sing for all of here at ALP we love to hear you sing.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2012 3:46:47 PM

Hi Roger,

It takes guts to make sounds come out of our mouths, especially in public or when we know other people will hear it. All artforms take guts, performance arts and visual arts. I remember when I was first online a long time ago in a chatroom and showed one of my poems, and a med student decided to "fix" it...even though I hadn't asked for edits, it was a finished poem I was showing to people...and I said to him, "What if I observed one of your surgeries and decided to FIX IT by stitching up your patient with red yarn?"

Audiences are the best and the worst all at the same time, people who don't have the guts to do something, somehow think our finished products are their experiments, or up for scrutiny instead of admiration or just observation.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2012 5:57:39 PM
Quote:

Hi Roger,

It takes guts to make sounds come out of our mouths, especially in public or when we know other people will hear it. All artforms take guts, performance arts and visual arts. I remember when I was first online a long time ago in a chatroom and showed one of my poems, and a med student decided to "fix" it...even though I hadn't asked for edits, it was a finished poem I was showing to people...and I said to him, "What if I observed one of your surgeries and decided to FIX IT by stitching up your patient with red yarn?"

Audiences are the best and the worst all at the same time, people who don't have the guts to do something, somehow think our finished products are their experiments, or up for scrutiny instead of admiration or just observation.

Well said Kathleen.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2012 7:15:23 PM

That's one big ship
+0