Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
How to get to "Safe Mode"
6/8/2011 1:23:00 AM
Welcome Adland Friends, Visitors

It's a good idea to print this document then save it in your file cabinet in your office. A lot of people find "Safe Mode" scary but it's not if you follow the instructions, it's a easy as pie
!

What is Safe Mode?

Safe mode is a Windows maintenance mode where only the bare minimum of drivers are loaded. You will not have access to CD ROMs, printers, or other non-essential devices.

It’s helpful to use this mode when you are having problems with your PC. Here's an example to what I mean... you just installed a new video card and for some reason you loaded the wrong driver. This caused your video display under windows to be non-existent, if you go into Safe mode, you can fix it!

You can also use it to help find problems with programs, when get lots of “illegal operation” messages, I try running the program in safe mode to see if the program itself is the problem. If the program runs fine in safe mode, I can assume I have another program or driver that’s interfering with the program’s operation and causing the error.

Keep in mind that not all software runs in Safe mode, especially more robust programs, worth trying... experiment a few times!

How to get to "Safe Mode"

Press the "F8 Key" when Windows starts to boot.
You have to do this BEFORE you see the first “Windows” screen.
I start tapping as soon as I get by the BIOS start-up screen or the manufacturer’s splash screen.

You're in, now check the program that is giving you the problem, hopefully this will resolve the issue. While your there look around to get familiar!

If safe mode didn't help then follow the steps to "Safe Mode with Command Prompt"

To Your Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!