Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Business scams from Lagoos. Trying to get products for nothing.
3/20/2005 6:40:27 PM
Here is one of many emails that we have received from various 'agencies' in Lagoos Nigeria wanting to purchase products from our personal security store. --------------------------------------------- Dear Sir, Kindly let us have the F.O.B cost for the required order bellow to be pick from your warehouse by our freight forwarders. ORDER: 50 UNITS OF PRO SCAN METAL DETECTOR. PAYMENT MODE: BY POSTAL MONEY ORDER IN US DOLLARS FUND. Kindly let us have your name,address, Tel.and fax number to issue out the payment on. We await your qoute asap, Thanks and best regards, MICHAEL ADAMS. --------------------------------------------- Now the above email seems quite genuine. Until you give them a quote & then you receive another email from the company/security firm/police force/ etc... --------------------------------------------- Dear Hobbs, Thanks for your quote, Here is the destination address...... ATTN: MICHAEL ADAMS MOCADAMS SECURITY LTD 8, OJORA CLOSE, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS-NIGERIA. Kindly advise if there any purchase tax applicable and let us have the shipping cost by airfreight cargo to Lagos International Airport, Nigeria,maybe the cost of freight will be favourable in other for us to go ahead in sending out the payment for the order. Await your response asap, Thanks and best regards, MICHAEL ADAMS. --------------------------------------------- Now, as you can see. Instead of having the shipment picked up from our warehouse (see first email) they are putting the onus on us to, not only sort out transportation to airport, but sort out all import export forms & tax's & arrange air charter to Nigeria. Once they had received an email in return, informing them that in NO WAY would we under take what they had previously said they wanted to do with their freight forwarders, we never heard another word from them again. This is not the first company in Nigeria that has tried this. We get emails from various company's almost weekly ranging from Security/police forces to Equipment suppliers. It is possible that some are genuine, however, the vast majority of them are not. When doing some research on the first few firms that contacted us, when we still were a bit new to Security product retail, we found out that said companies did not exist & that the telephone numbers given where for cell phones & the address's were forwarding companies. So, trade with Lagoos & Nigerian companies at your own risk, as I said earlier, there may be one or two genuine ones in the bunch. Then again, there may be one or two genuine money earning programs being touted round the Interet & arriving in your inbox hourly, but have you got the time & money to find out if any are?
+0
Re: Business scams from Lagoos. Trying to get products for nothing.
3/20/2005 7:27:05 PM
Anthony, Great post! As an individual you pretty well know if you have ordered anything or not! Well most of us do! However, these people will probably be sending these to organizations that have a company name. Their belief is that it will be passed through the accounting department with out notice. This is a major problem with large organizations that do a lot of product ordering through international suppliers. James & Billie http://www.abusinessdecision.com/james
James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
Brian Lawrence

30 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/20/2005 11:15:34 PM
Hello This sounds kind of like those emails you get, telling you that they are the executor of some estate and that they need such to send you these funds. They also come from Nigeria. Regards Brian Lawrence
+0
11/9/2005 2:47:09 PM
Hi all, I also received an e-mail "from e-bay" about my account. Ironically, I can't even remember the last time I logged on to e-bay (just not a big e-bay buyer or seller). I went directly to their website (not through the link in the e-mail) and it says there that you can send the fraudulent e-mail to: spoof@ebay.com If you get one supposedly from PayPal, you can also send it to: spoof@paypal.com. They are getting to be just plain annoying. Just never, ever, for any reason even in your weakest moment click on any links in these e-mails. They might take you to a fraudulent website, but I called PayPal and they told me that they can also contain a virus that is unleased when you click on it and were never intended to take you to any website (fraudulent or otherwise). Ellyn George Store At Your Door http://www.storeaturdoor.com
+0
11/9/2005 2:57:29 PM
Hello Ellyn. I guess as you are one of our new 'friends' you have not yet seen our other forum's. One which might be particulary relevant to what you have posted is. http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=5914 It goes into great detail about the main body of your post. Thanks again for posting the ebay & payPal fraud email addresses. You can never post those enough. Your security friend in Las Vegas
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!