Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Simon Schubert's folded paper artwork: The secret to artist's mini masterpieces
4/30/2011 10:28:37 AM
Dear Friends,

However minor Simon Schubert's form of art may seem to you, after viewing these exquisite, delicate examples of it I decided to present him and his art on a separate thread of this forum. I hope you will share my view after you see them as well in the below article.

Thank you,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Simon Schubert, An Artist With Unique Masterpieces Of Folded Paper (Photos)

Secret to artist's mini masterpieces

Simon Schubert uses a surprisingly simple method to create his amazingly intricate artworks. More photos

Simon Schubert is a German artist who uses paper as his medium. He achieved his amazing pictures without using any tools other than hands for paper folding.

According to The Telegraph, Schubert spent 2 years in perfecting his unique technique of creating artworks by just folding a single sheet of paper. Now, it only takes for him up to a week or a month to create his amazing masterpieces.

“The first attempt was not really so successful, took quite a while to get the technique perfect,” said Schubert.

With his amazing work, Schubert said that he often had to convince people that his pictures are not painted.

“Most of the people who see the work are surprised that the pictures are created by folding paper, they don’t believe it when I tell them. Many of them think I’ve used paint or pencil to create the affect of light and shade. But when they realise the pictures are actually folded they are quite impressed,” he added.

His artworks were being displayed at Upstairs Gallery in Berlin. Here are some photos of Simon Schubert‘s folded paper masterpieces which sell for up to £3,800 each.

(click the image for more photos)

Villa de Bank Image Credit: Simonschubert.de

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Simon Schubert's folded paper artwork: The secret to artist's mini masterpieces
4/30/2011 3:24:25 PM

What a wonderful skill.

It does not seem possible that anyone could produce these by merely folding paper.

What a wonderful thing to see.

Roger

+0
RE: Simon Schubert's folded paper artwork: The secret to artist's mini masterpieces
6/2/2011 1:18:47 PM
Quote:

What a wonderful skill.

It does not seem possible that anyone could produce these by merely folding paper.

What a wonderful thing to see.

Roger

I agree with you on this one Roger. You voiced my thoughts on this subject.

Amazing!

Thanks Miguel, for presenting these.

Sara

+0
Sona Cechova

168 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/20/2011 10:32:50 AM
Dear Miguel,

I'm looking through “Gallery Simon Schubert's folded paper artwork” . With this technique I have not met yet. It is absolutely amazing to realize how far reaching human skill and imagination. All posted images rightly deserve attention.

I personally took the third image. I admire the precision with which this staircase is made. The handrail including arc, when the top is a masterful work. The steps are exactly according to my ideas. In the middle of the stair and all around more stands like a tiny coating of dust. Therefore, these lighter areas. In any case, this interpretation of my great admiration ... because it's just ' ordinary ' staircase. And the more I look at the staircase, I hear the voices of the image are based. Really, I hear voices, it's merry laughter and chanting and a flurry of small children's legs, running up the stairs up and down and around the stairs. These children would pleasantly boosted this atmosphere of the ancient House of ...

I'm sorry ... I say “A” I have to say “B” ... But you already know me ...

Many thanks for this beautiful gallery

Sonja

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/24/2011 1:35:09 AM
Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Dear Sonja, your post is most especial to me in that you go beyond a simple appreciation of the artist's works to tell us about the images they evoke in you. In that sense, your contribution is priceless because you make them live with the laughter of children running up and down a staircase...

If Mister Schubert, the artist, read your comment he would be glad to see you admire his paper works. Now if I were Mister Schubert, I would be so happy that I would give away at least a few of my works to you.

Thanks again,

Luis Miguel G.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!