Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Cell Phones... a New Threat.
12/29/2005 9:37:27 AM
Hello My Friends, Sorry I have been scarse these days. Have had much to do with the Holidays, My Mom is back in the hospital with Kidney failure and My Son's car broke down. So I have had house guest all week :) (So my Son would have a way to work) Love the Grandbaby! Although that is not what this article is about. I have recently learned something I never thought about. I Love cell phones, and for those of you that also love them or have them, comes a very dangerous thought. With all the new Technology today You can email, get on the internet, play music and take pictures with your cell phone. Now there's a thought. Take Pictures! That's good for us, if we need to get a quick pic of something, like the license plate number that just hit your car and took off. Or maybe that mugger, that just stole your wallet or purse. There are many good uses for camera cell phones. Now lets go to the other side of this situation. Your shopping at a store, Your in the check out lane cashing out, you use your Credit card. OK No Big deal, right! Wrong! The person that's back 2 or 3 people beind you looks as if they are not paying any attention, they are using their cell phone. Nooooo.... their not. What they are actually doing is Zooming in on your CC# with there camera cell phone and snapping a photo of the number. What a way to get a CC#! I know it is hard to think about, but unfortunatlly it has already started. In todays wonderful world of technology, lies the downside to....... everything! Please be aware when you are out shopping of these unsuspicious looking characters before pulling out the old CC. Till Next time,Have a Safe Day! Eileen
+0
Donna Lira

572 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Cell Phones... a New Threat.
12/29/2005 10:12:43 AM
Hi Eileen, WOW, never even thought about that! What great information you have given to us. You always amaze me with you forums. Thank you for sharing. I will certainly be on the look out the next time I am at the store and using my CC. These unscuputous individuals just keep getting more clever as technology progresses. Thanks for the heads up my friend! HAVE A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR. May 2006 bring the best for you and all of our friends at Adlandpro! Your friend Donna aka texgirl IN GOD WE TRUST
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/29/2005 10:12:44 AM
Eileen, this makes me want to not leave the house. Thanks for the tip, for sure. If you're good at chatting it up w/ almost anybody, you could get this type of person into a conversation instead of him using his c.p. (cell phone).
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/29/2005 10:20:42 AM
Well Thank You Donna :) You Have a Great New Years also!
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/29/2005 10:23:25 AM
Hi Rudy, LOL I am not sure I would go that far as to keep myself home, But it would help LOL Yes that is a good idea, Divert them from what they are doing :) Thanks for stopping in.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!