Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Roasted Turkey Breast Stuffed with Herbs
11/18/2010 1:39:07 AM

Whoops, did I accidentally copy a recipe I got from you Phil? I was lookng through my recipes and just realized this might have been your recipe....if so, sorry, but I guess it sounds good enough to repeat!

Here is a turkey breast recipe just in time for the Thanksgiving meal.

Roasted Turkey Breast Stuffed with Herbs

1- 4 or 5 pound boneless turkey breast

1/2 cup parsley, chopped

1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp. dried, crumbled

1 tablespoon grated lemon rind or zest

2 tart apples peeled, cored, chopped (2 cups)

4 medium leeks (white part and 1" pale green part) rinsed and sliced thin (4 cups)

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 cup dry white wine

2 tablespoons room temperature butter

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Instructions:

Rinse turkey breast and pat dry. Separate skin from breast meat. Combine parsley, thyme and lemon rind. Rub turkey inside and under the skin with the herb mixture. Replace skin.

Arrange apples and leeks in bottom of slow cooker. Top with turkey breast, skin side up. Drizzle lemon juice over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3 1/2-4 hours until tender.

Transfer breast to serving platter and keep warm. Let turkey breast stand for 10 minutes before carving.

Turn setting to high, whisk broth and wine into the juices in the slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour, whisk into the slow cooker and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbling, about 15 minutes. Cook and stir for another minute. Pour sauce into a serving dish and spoon over breast slices.

+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Roasted Turkey Breast Stuffed with Herbs
11/18/2010 2:07:28 AM

Hi Donna,

To be honest I'm not sure if this was one of mine or not. It's no problem if you did. As long as everyone has a chance to share some good food. That's what the Holidays should be about, Good Friends, Good Food, and Good Times.

Here's one you might want to try along with your Turkey. I've found that these earthy roasted vegetables are the perfect accompaniment to the Turkey. They’re also good without the miso sauce. Look for miso paste in small tubs in the refrigerated dairy section of your supermarket.

Roasted Vegetables with Miso Sauce

Ingredients

2 large parsnips, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 large red beets, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
24 Brussels sprouts, trimmed
2 large yellow bell peppers, halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/3 cup olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons mirin (sweet sake)
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger (1 ounce), peeled and finely grated
1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Scatter parsnips, beets, carrots, Brussels sprouts and bell pepper on 2 baking sheets. (Do not crowd.) Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and roast, tossing occasionally, until golden and tender, about 1 hour.
3. In a small bowl, combine miso, mirin, vinegar and remaining oil. Whisk until smooth. Stir in ginger.
4. Transfer roasted vegetables to a large platter and drizzle with miso dressing. Toss lightly. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds and serve hot or at room temperature. Serves 8.

Wishing You A Safe & Happy Thanksgiving,
Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2010 2:06:46 AM
I copied this from somewhere on line, I think it was Phil's but sure looks good.

Best Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients

2 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crusts

Topping
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling
1 ½ cups packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon clove
½ teaspoon allspice
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
1 (29-ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. To “blind bake” pie crusts, place parchment paper in the bottom of pie crusts. Place pie weights or dried beans on top of paper. Place in oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until firm. Remove from oven; remove weights and paper. Return crusts to oven and bake 5 minutes longer, until light golden. Let cool 5 minutes before adding filling.
3. Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl; mix with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
4. Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk well. Pour into pie crusts.
5. Bake pies 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F and continue baking 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on topping. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. If fluted edges of crusts begin to brown too much, place foil rings or metal pie crust shields over edges during last 15 minutes of baking.
Makes 2 pies. Serves 16

Doesn't it sound yummy
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2010 2:51:58 AM

Hi Myrna,

This recipe originally came fromm www.Relishmag.com, and I'm sorry that your Pic didn't show up. Here's the best I could do...

Believe me, it is definitely delicious, matter of fact, I'm making another one this Thanksgiving. At least one!

Have A Delightful Evening,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2010 2:57:48 AM
Hi Donna,

I knew Phil would come through, he always does. Doesn't that pie look delightful.

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!