Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Today is the present, tomorrow who knows, the past its over
10/23/2010 4:53:25 PM

Hi my lovely friends!

First I want to share my positive attitude to Mary's 4 points. I fully agree and support those. Though Mary weren't in ALP for a period her points are real and her argumentations stays on facts. Things have changed radically in AdLandPro.

AdLandPro used to have a very good and big social working team that crated nice topics on all subjects by members who worked hard to occupy our free time for hours. To do that you had to prepare well and make the circumstances positive to make friends feel nice and good in a forum. At that time I used to be in ALP 5-8 hours per day. So did many of you too. Today there are only 4-5 forums I am interested in and I use follow them and that because many of my ALP friends still are there. I seldom post in ALP. In the past I hearty supported and promoted all the social forums and especially the event-feature-celebration forums.

The discussion forums were and are the biggest problem. In discussions I am not a “YES MAN” or a "THANK YOU FOR SHARING" person. I always give my view on the subject. People are not ready to accept a different opinion. They respect you only if you agree and clap your hands for their ideas. If you are critical to their points you get on your ears and there is a chance to be blocked or deleted. I have been several times invited to a very certain forum to give my replies. Every time I gave a reply my post was deleted. Well, for me there were two alternatives to follow. I had either to avoid getting messages from that member by blocking or deleting the person from my list or just to jump over all messages from the person. I followed the second alternative.

Of course it is of the interests of the APL administration to run some community related social and discussion forums. ALP today is a perfect, professional and total business site and people by paying their membership are allowed by the rules to send out their ads and their opportunities. Very few members care to guide in people to right forums. As long as there are new members there will be “spamming” till they get it on their brain that nobody follows an unknown person on a business opportunity.

Traffic fell down in ALP and the established members are hacking on the newbies. Well, see everything has its value. I do not classify any of the new members to the spammers. Most of us did same thing some yers back. In the past every time I had to deal with a person posting ads in my forum they followed the instuctions I gave them on where to post ads and they stopped bother my forums with ads.

I think you two – Kathleen and Sara – calm down and stop this controversy. You have been good friends too long to fight for problems created by others. You both loose on it. The past is not over. We learn from the mistakes done in the past, at present we sort them, to build up our future.

Have a blessed Week End.

Georgios

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2010 5:37:29 PM
this is a wonderful video MARY. Thank you for posting it. I put it in my YouTube favorites. Mary, I agree with your 4 points. Have a good weekend

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2010 7:00:44 PM

grammie here, now you kids knock it off . Go to your rooms and occupy yourself and LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE.

The past is the past. If Adlandpro functions differently then let it be so. We are all magnets and we will attract those of like minds and cast off those who aren't happy here. If you can make the change, you can adjust.

I do not like the music my grandkids play nor do I like the tv they watch. That's not for me. When they are here, they do what they like. Their generation functions differently than mine. I respect their rights and when they are gone I don't keep up with what they were doing. I put my quiet music on, quilt, run my business and live my life the way I like. I don't run around the mall, go roller skating, go to dances or movies. I am who I am and you are who you are.

Adlandpro is just like that example. You want to blast ads. Go for it. You want to slap ads in comments. Go for it. You don't answer forums. OK by me. I can get googled whether you do or not. Want to be rude, pay the price. What you all do is your business. BUT just because you do that, does not mean I have to change my values.

Because some can't appreicate that, my comments are closed. Sorry that hurts my good friends here. Some can't keep from posting their wonderful scam ads on my forum because they think they will seen. Too bad, my forums are restriced. You can thank the squatter who would not leave my forums alone.

Let's all go do our business the way we want and STOP trying to stir up trouble. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Thanks for stopping in and this I also learned just today. There is a great big contingency of people here in Adlandpro who remain silent but wish to function just like I am doing. They may be silent but they are here. Only the squeekly wheel is getting oil.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2010 7:19:51 PM

If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change. John A Simone Sr.

A leopard never changes his stripes. --Al Gore

Change is inevitable - except from a vending machines Robert Gallagher

When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet. Stanislaw Lec

The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he's a baby. (quoted in The Joys of Having a Child, 1993) Natalie Wood

AS WE SAY IN OHIO----DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER, JUST WAIT IT WILL CHANGE.

http://www.olde-farts.com/

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/23/2010 7:32:05 PM
OLDE-FARTS.... what a great website!! And... the "happy, happy tune"

Thank you MARY!!!! http://www.olde-farts.com/
Just what I need to livin my mood and lighten this thread!!

Here is a Youtube with the song that come from the olde-farts website. (i don't exactly like all the words etc, but you can't help bouncing to the music)

Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime

Quote:

AS WE SAY IN OHIO----DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER, JUST WAIT IT WILL CHANGE.

http://www.olde-farts.com/

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!