Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Erte - An image of a time
10/17/2010 10:53:21 PM

GO SEARCH,

Bring us some more Erte images

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 12:27:14 AM
Hello Roger,

This is most exciting. Here is an example of Erté's Stage design (a curtain?), my contribution for now:

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

mariageatrois.jpg (110549 bytes)
Mariage à Trois, 1940, Gouache,
10-1/2 x 15 inches (26.7 x 38.1 cm)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 1:23:00 AM
Hi Roger,

Ok, I did a search and found a lot, here is one.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 2:33:43 AM

Roger,

beauty my friend is in the eyes of ""The Beholder"" I agree here as I have of the works done especially with collectable Figurines.

ErteAnimageoftime

Erte (1892-1990)

Russian born, this artist was christened Romain de Tirtoff. He took up the name Erté because he liked the sound of the French pronunciation of his initials R.T.

Famous for fashion designs and stage costumes which epitomize the art deco period.

In 1912, aged 19, Erte's father allowed him to move away from his proposed career in the Russian military to go to Paris to become a fashion illustrator. Erte immediately was signed up to the Harpers Bazaar periodical, producing drawings for the next two decades.

Best-known illustrative work is possibly "Symphony in Black" - a slim lady dressed in black holding a dog.

In the 1960s Erte had a revival which went with the a resurgence of interest in the Art Deco style. He branched out into limited edition prints, bronzes and art as clothing (see above picture).

Works by Erte are presented in museums around the world making him an important 20th Century cultural figure.

A child prodogy and true 'creative', Erté was said to have produced his first costume design and the age of five.

Exotic and romantic and highly skilled and creative, Erte exemplified the Art Deco era and is an important marker in the world of design in the twentieth century. His final contribution was the theatrical and set designs for the musical production of "Stardust".

Peter Holland

Thanks Roger for the subject of this awesome art a very interesting post & one of Beauty which we ALL know is out of our personal reach thanks to computers we all can view these fabulous pieces as we search his work.

Have a great day Roger & Everyone

regards

Jeffrey

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 1:38:07 PM
Roger I think this is a great exercise to look for a beautiful thing first thing on a Monday morning!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!