Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Motherly Lessons, Part I
8/25/2010 12:31:47 PM

Motherly Lessons, Part I

My Mother taught me LOGIC... "If you fall off that swing and break your neck, you can't go to the store with me."

My Mother taught me MEDICINE... "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they're going to freeze that way."

My Mother taught me TO THINK AHEAD... "If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job!"

My Mother taught me ESP... "Put your sweater on; don't you think that I know when you're cold?"

My Mother taught me TO MEET A CHALLENGE... "What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you...Don't talk back to me!"

My Mother taught me HUMOR... "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT... "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.

My mother taught me about GENETICS... "You are just like your father!"

My mother taught me about my ROOTS... "Do you think you were born in a barn?"

My mother taught me about the WISDOM of AGE... "When you get to be my age, you will understand."

My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION... "Just wait until your father gets home."

My mother taught me about RECEIVING... "You are going to get it when we get home."

And my all time favorite thing- JUSTICE... "One day you will have kids, and I hope they turn out just like YOU..then you'll see what it's like."

My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE... "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside - I just finished cleaning!"

My mother taught me RELIGION... "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL... "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
Thanks your Friend and Neighbor, Howard
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Motherly Lessons, Part I
8/25/2010 3:02:44 PM

Thank you.

We had a great laugh at those.

Heard or know all of those.

Mothers are priceless.

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/25/2010 3:34:27 PM
Hi Howard,

How true this is and how many times I have heard some of these. Thanks for the reminders.

Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
8/26/2010 1:25:37 PM

Howard, these are priceless! Thank you. Probably as a Mother I have said some of those things to my children. :-)

My Mother might have said one or two of the above but she was such a sweetie, she would just caution me about things she knew would hurt me. Like, put your sweater on, it's cold out there. Don't go outside in the rain barefooted and definitely get home by 11 pm or else...

It was my MaPrice that was the alarming one:

"If you giggle or talk at the table, I have Dr. Green close by." (Dr. Green was a fresh limb that cut like a knife).

"Children are not supposed to drink coffee, it will turn you black."

"Eat the brown edges of bread, it will make your hair curly."

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Sara

+0
8/27/2010 11:40:24 AM
Thank you for reading and enjoing ,
Thanks your Friend and Neighbor, Howard
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!