Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
5/17/2017 10:20:11 AM

American Airlines accused of racism for sending black woman with first class ticket to back of plane

Helen Coffey

American Airlines flight attendants accused of being

Two women travelling on an American Airlines flight have claimed members of staff were “racist” towards one of them.

Rane Baldwin, who is African American, was flying with friend Janet Novack, who is white, from Kentucky to Charlotte when the incident occurred on 2 May.

However, when they were issued their boarding passes, she was instructed to go to the back of the plane despite her frequent flyer status, while Novack, who holds no status with the airline, was directed to first class. Baldwin was told her seat had been reassigned because there weren’t enough first class seats available.

The behaviour of American Airlines flight attendants from there added up to “the most blatantly racist thing that’s ever happened to me,” according to Baldwin. “I’ve never felt so unimportant in my entire life,” she told The Root.

Baldwin said she tried to complain to a member of cabin crew about her seat reassignment but was completely ignored. Meanwhile, Novack was asking the same questions and raising the same concerns, but receiving a completely different response.

“As [Baldwin] asked questions, she was ignored,” Novack wrote on Twitter. “However, whenever I asked the same questions, I received thorough answers.

“The whole reason that I was flying first class was because I was associated with her and her reservation. They were ignoring the card holder.”

The women were told that Baldwin would be moved up if there was any extra space, but she was not allowed to wait at the front of the aircraft and was instead sent to the back of the plane. “They literally made her wait at the back of the plane and refused to make eye contact with her or speak with her,” said Novack.

As the plane was half empty, Baldwin says she ignored her seat allocation and went to sit at the front of the main cabin where there were many empty seats. Novack then gave up her first class spot to sit with her friend, but again the pair were troubled by the behaviour of AA’s flight attendants.

“When the second flight attendant came through for a cabin check, he saw us (already buckled in, arm rest in between us up) and told my friend that there was plenty of extra space and that we could ‘spread out’ if she wanted to. He did not say this to anyone else,” said Baldwin.

Novack added: “I was informed that I could move, and we didn't HAVE to sit together. Apparently, everyone else could be squished, not us.

“The microaggressions that [AA’s] workers projected are prejudiced, ignorant. They literally didn't believe I was flying with a black woman.”

The only reason Novack was in possession of a first class ticket is because of Baldwin's status with AA.

Baldwin said: “It was baffling and hurtful that the crew seemed completely aware of what they were doing and just didn’t care. People didn’t seem to trust me and made giant, incorrect assumptions about the relationship between my friend and me.

“I’m the one who bought the tickets; she was travelling with me – not the other way around. When my ticket was changed and Janet’s was not, I felt like I was being sent to the back of the bus. I just kept wondering if I was in some sort of time warp and asking myself, ‘Is this what it felt like to be black 60 years ago?’”

Baldwin has said she would like an “admission of wrongdoing and an apology” from American Airlines.

A spokesperson for American Airlines told The Independent: "We have reviewed the allegations, and no discrimination occurred. After a flight was cancelled, an agent inadvertently provided two first class seats to Ms Baldwin and Ms Novack. The passengers were not ticketed for the first class cabin, and a formal upgrade was not processed. (i.e. they were never charged/miles were not deducted.)

"The next day, the agent working the flight realized the error, since we were short one seat in the first class cabin. Instead of removing both passengers from first class, we permitted the passenger who was 'upgraded' in error first, to remain in the first class cabin as a gesture of goodwill. Ms. Novack was the passenger who was upgraded in error first.

"We have apologized to both passengers for the confusion, and explained how the issue occurred – which was an error on our part."

This isn't the first time American Airlines has come under fire for flight attendants' behaviour. Last month one member of staff was suspended after he challenged a passenger to a fight at the front of an aircraft cabin.

(Yahoo Beauty)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2017 10:44:30 AM

Donald Trump 'not even aware of where intelligence was from' before telling Russia, White House reveals

Emily Shugerman

Donald Trump 'not even aware of where intelligence was from' before telling Russia, White House reveals

Donald Trump did not know where the intelligence he shared with Russian officials was from, the White House has revealed in an admission that stunned many in an already reeling Washington.

US National Security Adviser HR McMaster made the admission at the tail end of a heated press conference over reports that the president had revealed highly classified national security information to Russian officials.

The intelligence is said to have come from an American ally in the Middle East, via a sensitive intelligence sharing arrangement. But Mr McMaster said on Tuesday that the president "wasn’t even aware where this information came from" and "wasn’t briefed on the sources and methods".

The Washington Post first reported that the president had revealed "code word" level information about Isis plots to the Russian ambassador and foreign minister at a White House meeting last week. The revelation drew outcry from Democrats and Republicans alike, but Mr McMaster defended Mr Trump's actions as "wholly appropriate".

"In the context of that discussion, what the president discussed with the foreign minister was wholly appropriate to that investigation," Mr McMaster said.

Under current US law, the president has the power to declassify information as he or she sees fit.

While technically legal, many in Washington believed Mr Trump's disclosures amounted to a breach of foreign information-sharing protocol. A senior European intelligence officialtold the Associated Press that their country may stop sharing intelligence with the US, citing "a risk for our sources".

Mr McMaster said he had not reached out to any of the US's foreign intelligence-sharing partners on the issue, but was "not concerned” that they would cease operations.

However, the security adviser declined to confirm whether classified information had been shared at the meeting, and whether the president had revealed the location of the plot in question.

"All of you know ISIS," Mr McMaster told reporters. "It was nothing you wouldn't be able to know from open source reporting."

Mr McMaster also revealed that Mr Trump decided to declassify the information "in the context of the conversation" with Russian officials, not beforehand.

Mr Trump, in a tweet sent Tuesday morning, cited "humanitarian reasons" for making the disclosure.

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety," he wrote.

These statements from the president and security adviser contradicted the White House line from the night before, when Mr McMaster stood in the Rose Garden and claimed that "the story that came out tonight as reported is false".

Mr McMaster clarified his comments on Tuesday, saying: "What I’m saying is really the premise of that article is false".

The White House has not denied that the president shared classified information with Russian officials.

(Yahoo News)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2017 11:10:51 AM

Russian Outlet Claims NASA Took An Amazing, Totally True Image Of 3 UFOs

Lee Speigel

This is a public domain image showing the planet Mercury crossing our sun.

Whenever a story comes out claiming to show real pictures or video of UFOs, hope springs eternal that maybe, just maybe, this might be that elusive smoking-gun evidence of alien technology.

Not a day goes by, either, without something in the news questioning the honesty of certain Americans or Russians. Now it seems that UFOs have been added to that media storm.

The innocent image above is from a collection called Pixabay, which offers many free stock photos to use for practically anything you’d like. This one shows our sun with a circular black dot, reportedly the planet Mercury, making a transit across our home star.

Still, how would Pixabay feel if a Russian news site,
Pravda.ru ― ironically, the name means “truth” ― took that same picture, added two more black dots, called them all UFOs and claimed this was, in fact, a picture captured by a NASA “STEREO spacecraft”?

Wow!

If you compare the two images, it doesn’t take long to figure out that the sun in the two pictures is identical and all that Pravda.ru did was finish it off with two more “UFOs” and a headline that reads: “NASA spacecraft captures three huge UFOs silhouetted against the Sun.”

That deserves another “Wow!”

When HuffPost reached out to a NASA spokesman to comment about all of this, he said, “I’m not aware of this photo being released. Certainly not from NASA. There is no official or unofficial NASA posting of the image.”

For what it’s worth, this isn’t the first time that UFO charlatans have tried to convince the public that extraterrestrial ships are getting a little too close to our sun.

Here’s a video of an alleged alien ship refueling, according to a source that is definitely not NASA:

NASA generally has well thought-out explanations for these types of “UFO” incursions into our solar system.

For its part, Pravda.ru, which is separate from the Communist Party paper, has a history of extremely creative “journalism.” But the truth is out there.

Just not Pravda.ru’s truth.

(Yahoo News)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2017 11:28:41 AM

White People Banned From Cafe As National Association Of Black Journalists Demand Segregation

Posted by Robert Allen | May 16, 2017 | Liberal Corruption

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/17/2017 4:36:36 PM
KIM NUKE FEARS

Shocking new satellite photos show North Korea’s nuclear missiles are MORE powerful than world feared and could soon hit the US

Kim Jong-un could soon have long-range weapons capable of reaching Alaska and Hawaii

SATELLITE images of Kim Jong-un’s main missile test site reveal North Korea’s weapons are far more powerful than first thought.

Fears are mounting that Kim could soon have long-range weapons capable of reaching Alaska and Hawaii after the photos showed increasingly large scorch marks from missiles.

Newly released satellite images show activity at the nuke site

PLANET/ QUARTZ

Newly released satellite images show activity at the nuke site

The same site before last October’s controversial tests

PLANET/ QUARTZ

The same site before last October’s controversial tests

Careful analysis of North Korean tests sites, using images from Planet, reveal the regime has gradually been building up the size of its missiles.

Scorch marks and ground damage shown in the photos suggest the rockets must be must larger than previously thought.

It is believed the North Korea may now be testing the Hwasong-12 rocket – capable of flying 4,500miles.

That would put the US military base at Guam, Hawaii and Alaska within range, reportsQuartz.com.

North Korean missiles are designed to take-off from mobile launchers in order to hide developments from enemies and spies.

But the detailed satellite images are so precise that a private plane believed to whizz Kim around the country to watch missile tests is clearly visible.

The plane was photographed on the runway before a recent test.

The satellite images are so precise that a private plane believed to whizz Kim around the country to watch missile tests is clearly visible

QUARTZ

The satellite images are so precise that a private plane believed to whizz Kim around the country to watch missile tests is clearly visible

Such detailed images and analysis of the scorch marks were made possible because the pictures were captured on consecutive days around the test.

Experts are not convinced a series of failed tests mean the programme is failing.

Joseph S. Bermudez Jr, analyst an US firm Allsource Analysis, told the Wall Street Journal: “What’s more concerning is not an individual test or two individual tests, it’s that they’re approaching their missile development in a very pragmatic way.

North Korea's terrifying new missile has 'wonky nosecone' in parade footage

“What they’re doing is exactly right. They are testing, and they are testing often.

“This is the way you really learn how to develop a ballistic missile, and that’s what worries me.”

Vladimir Putin yesterday waded into the North Korea crisis and told Donald Trump: ‘Stop bullying Kim.’

Smirking Kim Jong-un looks on at North Korea huge artillery barrage

Russia’s ironman leader warned the “intimidation” of Kim Jong-un’s regime must end.

He said: "We must stop intimidating North Korea and find a peaceful solution to this problem."

But Vlad also had words of warning for the wannabe nuclear state - telling Kim he must not build his nuclear arsenal.

One test landed within 60 miles of Russia's Far Eastern coast on Saturday night.

At a meeting on his state visit to China, Putin added: "We are categorically against the expansion of the club of nuclear powers.

"We consider [the missile test] counter-productive, harmful and dangerous."

Footage of North Korea launching ballistic missile from test facility

Despot Kim is trying to fit a nuclear warhead to one of his ballistic missiles - the largest of which it is feared could hit the US.

Following the latest test, a White House statement said: "With the missile impacting so close to Russian soil – in fact, closer to Russia than to Japan – the President cannot imagine that Russia is pleased.

“North Korea has been a flagrant menace for far too long. South Korea and Japan have been watching this situation closely with us.

“The United States maintains our ironclad commitment to stand with our allies in the face of the serious threat posed by North Korea.

“Let this latest provocation serve as a call for all nations to implement far stronger sanctions against North Korea.”

(THE SUN)

+1