Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
2/25/2015 4:05:05 PM

First day with no troops killed under Ukraine truce

Reuters

Wochit
Ukraine Truce Appears to Take Hold; Currency Trading Banned

Watch video

By Natalia Zinets and Anton Zverev

KIEV/MAKIYVKA, Ukraine (Reuters) - A long-awaited truce took hold at last in east Ukraine on Wednesday, with the army reporting no combat fatalities for the first time in weeks, but the news did nothing to halt a currency collapse that forced the central bank to ban most trading.

The Ukrainian military said the past 24 hours were its first day without combat fatalities for several weeks, since long before the truce was meant to take effect on Feb 15. Only one soldier had been wounded.

In rebel-held eastern Ukraine, rebels were withdrawing heavy guns from the front. Kiev said it was too early to do likewise, but its acknowledgement that most of the front was quiet suggests it too could implement a truce that had appeared stillborn when the rebels launched a major offensive last week.

The cautious good news from the front has come amid dire economic consequences for a country teetering on bankruptcy.

With the hryvnia currency in free fall as investors flee, the central bank called a halt by banning banks from buying foreign currency on behalf of clients for the rest of this week.

Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk said the ban was bad for the economy. He had learned about it on the Internet and would demand an explanation from central bank chief Valeria Gontareva.

The central bank said the move was necessary to stabilize the currency amid "unfounded" demand for foreign exchange.

The decision left the true value of the currency in limbo. Although banks could still trade with each other, by noon there were no registered trades at any rate. Tiny trades were recorded in the afternoon at strong rates, but at volumes in the hundreds of thousands of dollars that gave little signal of the true price in a market normally worth hundreds of millions a day.

Exchange kiosks in Kiev were selling limited amounts of dollars for 39 hryvnias, around 20 percent worse than rates advertised in the windows of commercial banks where dollars were not available.

A construction worker exchanging dollars at a kiosk in a grocery shop in return for a bag filled with thousands of hryvnia, laughed and told shoppers: "Soon we will have to walk around with suitcases for cash, like in the 1990s."

The previous day, the central bank rate based on reported trades had fallen 11 percent against the dollar. The hryvnia has lost at least half its value so far this year after halving over the course of 2014.

REBEL ADVANCE

News that no Ukrainian troops had died at the front was by far the most unambiguous signal yet that the Europe-brokered truce is now holding.

The rebels had initially spurned the ceasefire, insisting it did not apply to their main target, the town of Debaltseve, which they stormed last week in one of their biggest victories of the war.

Kiev has since accused the separatists of reinforcing for a possible further assault deeper into territory the Kremlin calls "New Russia". But for now, the fighters appear determined to be seen to implement the agreement.

Reuters journalists, operating independently in rebel-held territory saw columns of howitzers driven away from the front in several locations on Wednesday after initial moves on Tuesday.

A column of 24 self-propelled howitzers headed away from the front through the city of Makiyvka adjacent to the main rebel stronghold Donetsk. Another five were spotted driving away from the front near Yenakiyve further north.

The rebels have promised that the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe will soon be able to verify that they have removed all heavy guns.

The OSCE says it cannot yet verify the withdrawal because the sides have not provided data on how many guns were in place before the truce. The European security body reported some shelling and shooting at various locations, including near Shyrokyne, a coastal town where Kiev has also reported fighting.

The Kiev military nevertheless said the number of ceasefire violations had "significantly decreased" for a second straight night. No shooting was recorded at all in the Donetsk, Luhansk and Mariupol areas, it said. Overall, rebels had fired shells and mortars 15 times and opened fire four times with light weapons during the 24-hour period.

Military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said: "For now there is still no order on the withdrawal of weapons, as the fighters have not yet fulfilled the first point of the Minsk agreement, to cease fire."

Kiev says it fears the rebels, backed by Russian troops, may be planning a further advance to capture Mariupol, a port of 500,000 people.

But the rebels, having achieved their main objective last week in capturing Debaltseve, may now be ready to stop.

Many Western countries believe Russian President Vladimir Putin's aim is to establish a "frozen conflict" with a breakaway territory outside Kiev's control.

Moscow denies aiding its sympathizers in east Ukraine.

With the battlefield quieter, the dispute between Russia and Ukraine has reopened on another front: natural gas. Moscow says it could cut Ukraine off within days over a payment dispute. Kiev says Russia failed to deliver gas already paid for.

(Additional reporting by Pavel Polityuk and Peter Graff in Kiev; Writing by Peter Graff; Editing by Giles Elgood)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2015 4:14:37 PM
Dr. David Liepert Headshot

Canadian Muslim Leader, Spokesperson, Author and Educator

Muslims Predict Jesus Will Defeat ISIS, Beginning in 2015

Posted: Updated:

All right, it might not start until 2016, these things can be awfully hard to predict exactly. However, surprising as it may seem, one way or another the end of ISIS is in sight, and it's all resting securely in the hands of Jesus, peace be upon him.

There has been a great deal of mainstream media attention lately, both video andprint, regarding the fact that ISIS is recruiting based on the promise that their fighters are actually participating in the rapidly approaching end of the world.

At the same time, mainstream orthodox Muslim websites are already predicting Jesus' return as early as 2022, starting an Islamic prophetic clock set to run over the next 7 years, in the purportedly rapidly approaching run-up to Armageddon.

The good news is that even if they're wrong, those claims ISIS is making about their own role in Islamic end-time prophecy spell their own certain end. Because even though ISIS claims they're fighting on the side of the angels, it's obvious they're not,and it should become progressively clearer to even the most misguided Jihadi that either ISIS is wrong about Armageddon or that they're on the wrong side, because of all the things Muslims know are supposed to happen.

And if it turns out they're right, then we can all rest assured that by the time the dust has finally settled there will be no question left about who's side they are really on, because it's all going to be about Jesus.

Frankly, although I'd like to believe the orthodox predictions are correct, I think they're premature, and that ISIS is crazy-stupid. We had a very informative event up here in Calgary last month hosted by the US State Department, where Dr. Michael Ryan of the Middle East Institute shared his valuable insights into ISIS' recruiting strategy. We learned that ISIS actually complains in their internal communiqués about their difficulty recruiting informed Muslims, because "Islam makes them tend towards life and their community". They find more success attracting Muslims they call "losers" -- ignorant about their Islamic faith and marginalized by drugs, alcoholism, crime, mental illness or recent life-changing events. That's not the sort of Muslim you would expect to know much about the religion, or to make good life -- or end-of-life -- choices either. Given that, I think we can discount their validity of their "good-guy" claims, even despite their despicable and deplorable actions which should in themselves be sufficient.

But even if we considered that they might be right about the impending apocalypse, what sort of events should the next few years bring according to confirmed Islamic eschatology?
  • First, the Euphrates River should soon be uncovering a mountain of gold, with the Arabian Peninsula becoming filled with meadows and rivers.
  • Then, some Muslims throughout the world will be inexplicably transformed into apes and pigs because of their attempts to make lawful some rather significant major sins. Personally, I think that one's aimed squarely at al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Al Shabab and ISIS and their associates, and their rather liberal views regarding murder, tumult, oppression and slavery.
  • Then shortly thereafter you can expect the coming of the Mahdi, his uncovering of the Ark of the Covenant and his evangelism of a significant proportion of the world's Jews, who will wake up and realize that they shouldn't be ignoring and allowing Israel's oppressing Muslims and Christians in Palestine.
  • Then, you will see the coming of al-Masih ad-Dajjal --the false Messiah or anti-Christ-- the descent of 'Isa ibn Maryam ['alayhis-salam] --that's Jesus-- and his defeat of the anti-Christ followed by the coming of Ya'juj and Ma'juj --Gog and Magog--,followed by:
  • The rising of the sun from the west
  • The appearance of the Beast of the Earth
  • The wind that will take the souls of the believers
  • The ruin of al-Madinah --Medina--
  • The destruction of the Ka'bah --Mecca-- by the Abyssinians
  • And the fire that will come from the Yemen to gather the people in Sham before the coming of Judgement Day.

I think you'll all have to admit, that's a lot to pack into the next seven years and it's going to be hard to miss.
And with that 7 year clock running, if it all doesn't start happening soon, you can expect to see ISIS supporters starting to slip away.

But if it does come true, what sort of a man is the Mahdi supposed to be? Muslim prophecies are actually frighteningly clear, and do seem to predict the current state of affairs in the Levant, hold out hope for the rest of us and promise an end to ISIS.

At the end of time, a severe tribulation will descend upon my Ummah from their ruler. A worse tribulation will not have been heard of before, until the earth's expanse is constricted upon them, and until the earth is filled with tyranny and oppression, so that the mu'min will find no refuge from the oppression.
Then, Allah ['azza wa-jall] will send a man from my descendents who will fill the earth with equity and justice as it had been filled with oppression and tyranny. The inhabitants of the heavens and the earth will be pleased with him. The earth will not withhold any of its growth, but will bring it out, neither will the sky withhold a drop, but Allah will pour it out upon them in showers. He will live among them for seven years, or eight, or nine. The living will wish that the dead were brought to life again to witness the great good that Allah brought about for the people of the earth.
There will be at the end of time a trial that will sort out men as gold is sorted out from metal. So do not revile the people of Sham, but revile their evil ones, for among them are the Abdal [great righteous people]. A flood is about to be released upon the people of Sham that will split their unity, so that even if foxes attack them, they would defeat them.
At that time, a man from my household will come out with three banners. The one who estimates highly will say that they are fifteen thousand. And the one who estimates lower will say that they are twelve thousand. Their sign will be: "Amit, amit [kill, kill]." They will meet in battle seven banners, and under each of those banners will be a man seeking the kingdom. Allah will kill all of them, and restore to the Muslims their unity and bounty, and their far ones and near ones.

And what about Jesus? Even though Muslims and Christians disagree about what he is, with Christians claiming he's God and Muslims declaring he's not, everybody agrees about what sort of a person he was, is and will be: a man who fulfilled the Jewish Covenant and taught benevolent compassion to his followers, his example remaining a source of hope and inspiration to all humankind for the rest of time.

Can anyone conceive that that person --or Person-- when he --or He-- descends to lead us, could conceivably countenance the despicable and deplorable acts of ISIS?

God Forbid, it could never happen, not even if the world ends tomorrow or lasts for another thousand years.

Bottom line, I have served God and loved Jesus my entire life, and I followed Jesus into Islam when I realized I became a worse man by worshipping Him and a better man by following him. And my greatest hope for today is that Muslims and Christians are all starting to look forward to his return, because regardless of when that happens his example and his words can guide all of us to a better place together, with the help of God.

Because regardless of what the next years bring or which faith we follow, we are all waking up and realizing that we all need Jesus, peace be upon him.

Praise God/Alhamdulillah, Amen.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2015 5:40:03 PM

America’s Ethnic Cleansing Attempt in Donbass – Documentary

Posted by Jim W. Dean on February 22, 2015

The Hamas “rockets” look like firecrackers compared to what the Ukie military has inflicted on these civilians

Donbass Under Fire: On the Roads of War

…by Maxim Fadeyev

Death in Donbass

Death in Donbass

[ Editor’s Note: I have been watching a lot of Donbass video clips this week — way more than usual because I finally found some websites with English translations.

After all this time, I needed the “in your face” visuals and to also hear the people who are fighting have their say with no filters… especially the civilians who have been targeted.

What was easy to spot right away was the “neo-Israeli method” of punishing the civilian targets when the military opponents are hard to get at. The West, and especially the US, has been ‘ho hum” about the atrocities in Gaza because US weapons are used, and the American taxpayers are footing the bill.

The Hamas “rockets” look like firecrackers compared to what the Ukie military has inflicted on these civilians, without a word of protest from our government or military.

The US public continues to get robbed via a cheap hustle, which sadly includes some of our military brass of questionable loyalty, where they set up a strategic weapons reserve in Israel, when we already have numerous bases in the region. Since Israel never wanted any US bases there… we in effect put them completely in charge, including handing over the keys.

This lets them use what they want, delivering munitions to third parties while we have deniability, and allows the Zios to steal and sell off whatever they want, to whomever they choose… like ISIL for example. Everyone knows there would never be an investigation about it.

The Ukies shelled civilian areas with no concern, because they were ethnic Russians

The Ukies shelled civilian areas with no concern, because their targets were ethnic Russians

I have never put up an hour long video, but this really is a series of mini documentaries by this small filmmaker crew, who are literally wandering around in the combat zone to catch whatever crosses their paths, exactly what I would have done, notwithstanding the language firewall.

If you only have an hour to invest into what has happened to these people… why, and how what they think, straight from the horse’s mouth — this is it. What you are about to see is the US support of a terror war on these people, pure and simple.

Instead of the Mideast ploy of using Jihadi terrorist proxies in place of US troops, thus avoiding all the public blowback, they created this new tool of rolling Nazi terrorists into the Ukrainian military to use for a proxy army against Russia, to slaughter the Donbass Russians and to bait Moscow moving in to protect them, and hopefully nailing them as aggressors.

No war crimes investigations have even begun yet. Our corporate media whores do not utter a word about them, nor does the phony United Nations. State-sponsored terrorism has gone mainstream, because that is where the immunity from punishment is for now.

So I will tell you straight out that if we do not begin a counterattack on diplomatic immunity for this kind of mass murder, it is only going to get worse. These people you are about to see constituted zero threat to Kiev. They wanted to protect themselves from what the US and EU proxy coup-meisters publicly stated they were going to do to them.

Yulia Tymoshenko... the "Nuke em all" lady

Yulia Tymoshenko… the “Nuke em all” lady

Remember Julia Tymoshenko’s phone intercept about nuking all the ethnic Russians in Donbass?

“Tymo the Terrible” was the darling of the McCain NeoCon terrorists, who are essentially our own American ISIL with suits on, and who, in the slaughtering contest so far, make the ISIL folks look like girl scouts.

Think about that. We are paying the salaries of people we have elected to do this, just like Donbass was sending pension taxes to Kiev, but Kiev used the money to kill them, and then reneged on the social payments that were due.

That is the caliber of our allies now, as we back remorseless murderers against a people who just want to be left alone. It was never the intent of the Donbass people to take over Ukraine.

This is not a debate of Western leadership having a morality problem. It is worse… a morality vacuum. And you will notice this never even rises to being a campaign polling question. Whose fault and failure is that? Who can claim such a structure is really a democracy? Our Founding Fathers would be shocked to the coreJim W. Dean ]

- First published on YouTube … February 21, 2015 -

To be able to follow along be prepared to use your pause button to catch the translation as the visuals without the transcript do not tell the story. I was taking a lot of still shots out of the video to build an archive on some of these gem comments. This is worth the time watch, the only hour long video I have watched in months… Jim W. Dean

My apologies for somehow posting the Russian version. I never watched the Russian version so it is a complete mystery as to how I could have put the url in.

Jim W. Dean

Jim W. Dean is managing editor of Veterans Today wearing many hats from day to day operations, development, writing and editing articles. He also has an active schedule of TV and radio interviews as do the other VT editors, and some guest radio hosting on the Rense network.

Jim comes from an old military family dating back to the American Revolution. Dozens of Confederate ancestors fought for the South in the War Between the States. Uncles fought in WWII and Korea. His father was a WWII P-40 and later P-51 Mustang fighter pilot. Vietnam found several uncles serving, a cousin, and brother Wendell as a young Ranger officer. His mother was a WWII widow at 16, her first husband killed with all 580 aboard when the SS Paul Hamilton, an ammunition ship with 7000 tons of explosives aboard, was torpedoed off the coast of Algiers.

He has been writing, speaking and doing public relations, television, consulting and now multimedia work for a variety of American heritage, historical, military, veterans and Intel platforms. Jim's only film appearance was in the PBSLooking for Lincoln documentary with Prof. Henry Lewis Gates, and he has guest lectured at the Army Command and General Staff School at Fort Gordon.

Currently he is working to take his extensive historical video archives on line to assist his affiliated organizations with their website multimedia efforts, such as the Military Order of World Wars, Atlanta, Sons of the American Revolution, Sons of Confederate Veterans , Assoc. for Intelligence Officers, the Navy League, Georgia Heritage Council, National Memorial Assoc.of Georgia.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2015 7:02:57 PM

Video shows sinkhole swallowing South Korean couple

AFP

AFP Videos
South Korean couple disappear in freak sinkhole

Watch video

Seoul (AFP) - Concerns about public safety standards in South Korea have been fuelled by shocking CCTV images of a young couple being swallowed up by a sinkhole that opened at their feet on the sidewalk in Seoul.

The footage, which has gone viral on social networking sites, shows the couple plunging through the paved sidewalk, shortly after alighting from a bus in the South Korean capital, as other passers-by look on in horror.

The incident happened near an apartment construction site last Friday -- the end of the three-day Lunar New Year holiday.

Firefighters rescued the young man and woman who fell 10 feet (three meters). Neither of them was seriously injured and both were discharged from hospital after receiving treatment.

South Korean President Park Geun-Hye vowed an overhaul of national safety standards after the Sewol ferry tragedy in April last year that claimed more than 300 lives.

In October, 16 people were killed and nine seriously injured when a ventilation grate collapsed at an outdoor pop concert in the city of Seongnam south of Seoul.

On Tuesday, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport ordered a nationwide survey of construction sites and their immediate surroundings to check for dangers like sinkholes and other subsidence.

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/25/2015 7:18:19 PM

3 nabbed in NY, Florida in plot to join Islamic State group

Associated Press

In this undated file image posted on Monday, June 30, 2014, by the Raqqa Media Center of the Islamic State group, a Syrian opposition group, which has been verified and is consistent with other AP reporting, fighters from the al-Qaida-linked Islamic State group parade in Raqqa, Syria. In the early dawn of Nov. 2, militant leaders with the Islamic State group and al-Qaida gathered at a farm house in northern Syria and sealed a deal to stop fighting each other and work together against their opponents, a prominent Syrian opposition official and a rebel commander said. Such an alliance could be a significant blow to struggling U.S-backed Syrian rebels. (AP Photo/Raqqa Media Center of the Islamic State group, File)

NEW YORK (AP) — Federal officials say three men have been taken into custody in the United States on charges they plotted to travel overseas to join the Islamic State group.

They say the three men were arrested just after midnight Wednesday at Kennedy Airport, in Brooklyn and in Florida.

One man appeared in federal court in Jacksonville, Florida, later Wednesday. The other two were scheduled for arraignment Wednesday afternoon in New York City.

Federal prosecutors say two of the men came to the attention of law enforcement last summer after they expressed online support for the groups.

They are charged with attempt and conspiracy to provide material support.

+0