Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
8/27/2014 2:07:40 PM
If it is true then it is definitely sad news for his family. But question is 'why" he was there?

Quote:

Family 'devastated' by reports of American Douglas McAuthur McCain killed fighting with ISIL

Yahoo News

Facebook photo of Douglas McAuthur McCain - alleged american killed while fighting for ISIS in Syria. (via Facebook)

View Gallery

Distraught family members of American Douglas McAuthur McCain, killed in Syria after allegedly joining forces with a militant group, spoke to news outlets and turned to social media Tuesday to express shock and sadness and in some cases, to defend their relative.

U.S. officials confirmed McCain's death in Syria Tuesday and said he had traveled there to fight with an extremist organization, likely the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

"We were aware of U.S. Citizen Douglas McAuthur McCain's presence in Syria and can confirm his death," U.S. National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said in a statement posted by Reuters.

NBC News first reported that McCain had been killed in Syria in a battle between two opposition groups and said it had seen images of his body, bearing a unique neck tattoo, and his passport to verify his identity.

McCain's family expressed disbelief over news of his alleged ties to the violent extremist group ISIL, which last week posted a video of the beheading last week of American journalist James Foley.

Kenneth McCain, an uncle, told CNN's Jim Sciutto that his family is "devastated" and that they were "just as surprised as the country" over reports of Douglas McCain's connection to ISIL.

McCain was born in Illinois, grew up and attended high school in Minnesota and later moved to San Diego, according to published reports. Two cousins still living in Minnesota spoke to the Minneapolis Star Tribune Tuesday and said they had been in touch with McCain as recently as Friday. He told them he was in Turkey.

Kenyata McCain said she noticed some posts on her cousin's Facebook page supporting ISIL, also called ISIS and the Islamic State. His Facebook page was taken down Tuesday.

“I know that he had strong Muslim beliefs, but I didn’t know that he was in support of ISIS. I didn’t think he would be," she said.

Another cousin who requested anonymity said his cousin was not a "radical," adding McCain worked as a caregiver for people with special needs in California and that he had a infant daughter about to turn one.

“I don’t know what he went over there for, I don’t want people to get the idea that he was some kind of monster," he said.

Delecia McCain, who identified herself as Douglas McCain’s sister, posted to Facebook late Tuesday afternoon expressing shock at the loss of her oldest brother.

View photo

Pictured above, a post from the Facebook page of Delecia McCain, who identified herself in comments on the social media network as the sister of American Douglas McAuthur McCain, killed in Syria after allegedly traveling there to fight with ISIL.

Pictured above, a post from the Facebook page of Delecia McCain, who identified herself in comments on the social …

Two people identified as cousins of McCain on Facebook also posted status updates expressing disbelief.

“This is unreal to me,” wrote Terrence Green after posting a news link describing his cousin as a “homegrown terrorist.”

Robyn Roland left an emotional post that mentioned Judie McCain, Douglas' mother:

“I can't be on FB today….My family going Ham wit da pictures of my Cuz. Dis is crazy. Maybe its just me but I keep holding on to da thought its a mistake and it wasn't him. Aunty Judie Mccain you always been strong and I know u gonna continue. Love u!”

U.S. man's family reacts to his death, ISIL ties

Douglas McAuthur McCain's uncle says relatives are "as surprised as the country" to learn of his jihadist role.
Devastating news

+0
Hafiz 2013

791 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/27/2014 2:18:56 PM
Peoples are not bothering this issue as it is not coming like as fast as it causes fear to them. But in long run it will definitely create problem to those low lying countries. So action should be taken now.

Quote:

UN panel: Global warming human-caused, dangerous

Associated Press

FILE - This Aug. 19, 2014 file photo shows flash flood waters from the overrun Skunk Creek flood I-10 in northwestern Phoenix. Global warming is here, human-caused and can already be considered dangerous, a draft of a new international science report says, warning that it is increasingly likely that climate change could be irreversible. The United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change on Monday sent governments a final draft of its synthesis report, which combines three earlier, gigantic documents by the Nobel Prize-winning group. There is little in the report, that wasn’t in the other more-detailed versions, but the language is more stark and the report attempts to paint a bigger picture of the problem caused by the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal, oil and gas. (AP Photo/Matt York, File)

View Gallery

WASHINGTON (AP) — Global warming is here, human-caused and probably already dangerous — and it's increasingly likely that the heating trend could be irreversible, a draft of a new international science report says.

The United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change on Monday sent governments a final draft of its synthesis report, which combines three earlier, gigantic documents by the Nobel Prize-winning group. There is little in the report that wasn't in the other more-detailed versions, but the language is more stark and the report attempts to connect the different scientific disciplines studying problems caused by the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal, oil and gas.

The 127-page draft, obtained by The Associated Press, paints a harsh warning of what's causing global warming and what it will do to humans and the environment. It also describes what can be done about it.

"Continued emission of greenhouse gases will cause further warming and long-lasting changes in all components of the climate system, increasing the likelihood of severe, pervasive and irreversible impacts for people and ecosystems," the report says. The final report will be issued after governments and scientists go over the draft line by line in an October conference in Copenhagen.

Depending on circumstances and values, "currently observed impacts might already be considered dangerous," the report says. It mentions extreme weather and rising sea levels, such as heat waves, flooding and droughts. It even raises, as an earlier report did, the idea that climate change will worsen violent conflicts and refugee problems and could hinder efforts to grow more food. And ocean acidification, which comes from the added carbon absorbed by oceans, will harm marine life, it says.

Without changes in greenhouse gas emissions, "climate change risks are likely to be high or very high by the end of the 21st century," the report says.

In 2009, countries across the globe set a goal of limiting global warming to about another 2 degrees Fahrenheit above current levels. But the report says that it is looking more likely that the world will shoot past that point. Limiting warming to that much is possible but would require dramatic and immediate cuts in carbon dioxide pollution.

The report says if the world continues to spew greenhouse gases at its accelerating rate, it's likely that by mid-century temperatures will increase by about another 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit (2 degrees Celsius) compared to temperatures from 1986 to 2005. And by the end of the century, that scenario will bring temperatures that are about 6.7 degrees warmer (3.7 degrees Celsius).

"The report tells us once again what we know with a greater degree of certainty: that climate change is real, it is caused by us, and it is already causing substantial damage to us and our environment," Pennsylvania State University climate scientist Michael Mann wrote in an email. "If there is one take home point of this report it is this: We have to act now."

John Christy of the University of Alabama, Huntsville, is in the tiny minority of scientists who are skeptical of mainstream science's claim that global warming is a major problem. He says people will do OK: "Humans are clever. We shall adapt to whatever happens."

While projections show that the world will warm and climate will change, there's still a level of uncertainty about how much, and that makes the problem all about how much risk we accept, said MIT climate scientist Kerry Emanuel.

If it's soon and only a little risk, he said, that's not too bad, but when you look at the risk curve the other end of it is "very frightening."

The report used the word risk 351 times in just 127 pages.

___

Online:

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change: http://www.ipcc.ch/

___

Seth Borenstein can be followed at http://twitter.com/borenbears

The United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change paints a harsh picture of what's causing global warming.
'Irreversible impacts'

+1
B J
B J Williams

73 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/27/2014 2:58:22 PM
I wonder exactly how many Americans and Europeans are fighting over there.
BJ http://www.fanafivillage.com FANAFI - Find A Need And Fill It, Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2014 5:32:03 PM

Dear friends Hafiz and B.J.,

The questions you are asking are not easy to respond with any degree of certitude. Things are moving so fast it makes it extremely difficult to even approach the matter, let alone ascertain how serious they may turn out to be in the near future. I myself am overwhelmed by the nature and the number of news posts arriving each day, which in addition keep growing. This itself is not necessarily a bad thing as the speed they come and go at may be conducive to a prompt definition of the global situation, though I have to admit the scenario appears to be chaotic. As to the number of converts I am afraid it may keep growing, which is another sign of our youths dissatisfaction with our western so-called values.

Thanks for showing up and posting.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2014 5:59:49 PM

Islamic State and Syrian government committing war crimes: U.N.

Reuters

A man carries a dead body after what activists said was a barrel bomb dropped by forces loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad in Aleppo's Karam al-Beik neighborhood April 25, 2014. (REUTERS/Hosam Katan)

By Stephanie Nebehay

GENEVA (Reuters) - The Syrian government and Islamic State insurgents are both committing war crimes and crimes against humanity in their war against each other, U.N. investigators said on Wednesday.

Islamic State forces in northern Syria are waging a campaign to instill fear, including amputations, public executions and whippings, they said.

Government forces have dropped barrel bombs on civilian areas, including some believed to contain the chemical agent chlorine in eight incidents in April, and have committed other war crimes that should be prosecuted, they said in a 45-page report issued in Geneva.

"Violence has bled over the borders of the Syrian Arab Republic, with extremism fuelling the conflict's heightened brutality," said the report, issued in Geneva.

Deaths in custody in Syrian jails are on the rise and forensic analysis of 26,948 photographs allegedly taken from 2011-2013 in government detention centers back its "longstanding findings of systematic torture and deaths of detainees".

"Forced truces, a mark of the government's strategy of siege and bombardment, are often followed by mass arrests of men of fighting age, many of whom disappear," it said.

The U.N. report, the commission of inquiry's eighth since being set up three years ago, is based on 480 interviews and documentary evidence gathered by its team, which is trying to build a case for future criminal prosecution.

Islamic forces, which are also sweeping through neighboring Iraq in their bid to establish a cross-border caliphate, have drawn more experienced and ideologically motivated foreign fighters and established control over large areas in northern and eastern Syria, particularly oil-rich Deir al-Zor, it said.

"Executions in public spaces have become a common spectacle on Fridays in al Raqqa and ISIS-controlled areas of Aleppo governorate (province)," the report said.

"Children have been present at the executions, which take the form of beheading or shooting in the head at close range... Bodies are placed on public display, often on crucifixes, for up to three days, serving as a warning to local residents."

Forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) have committed torture, murder, acts tantamount to enforced disappearance and forced displacement as part of attacks on the civilian population in Aleppo and al-Raqqa provinces, amounting to crimes against humanity, it said.

"ISIS poses a clear and present danger to civilians, and particularly minorities, under its control in Syria and in the region," Paulo Pinheiro, chair of the panel, said in a statement.

The investigators, who include former U.N. crimes prosecutor Carla del Ponte, have drawn up four confidential lists of suspects whom they believe should face international justice.

In the report, they reiterated their call for the U.N. Security Council to refer violations in Syria to the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC).

"Accountability must be part of any future settlement, if it is to result in an enduring peace. Too many lives have been lost and shattered," Pinheiro said.

(Reporting by Stephanie Nebehay; Editing by Angus MacSwan)

Related video

The two warring groups are blasted for public executions, whippings, and dropping bombs, possibly chemical, on civilians.
Extremism fueling brutality

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!