Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: all different kinds of light house paintings also and tell about them if you can
6/16/2010 2:34:34 PM
Really nice keith. Keep them coming ,
karen gigikos / black belt grannyHobbies
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: all different kinds of light house paintings also and tell about them if you can
6/16/2010 3:27:32 PM

These are beautiful Keith !!!!!!!!! enjoyed browsing thru here....amazing work.

Pauline

+0
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/17/2010 4:09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtfUpz72t0 Please stop and look at this and see what our light house go through.
+0
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/17/2010 4:11:15 AM

lighthouse Legendary Lighthouses
 LIGHTHOUSES/REGION
 PHOTO GALLERY
 VIDEO/BOOK OFFER
 PROGRAM SCHEDULE
 SERIES INFORMATION

PBS Online

WPSX-TV
Lighthouse Depot Logo

Legendary Lighthouses
is partially underwritten by a grant
from Lighthouse Depot.

The earliest lighthouses were simply bonfires built on hillsides to guide ships. The first light served the old world city of Alexandria in 285 B.C. The first American light came to life in 1716 at Boston Harbor.

This site explores the history, legends, lore and workings of lighthouses along American shorelines.

• Discover how a special lens, called a "Fresnel" (pronounced: Fruh-nell) increases the power of a light and focuses it in one direction.
  • Read fascinating stories about individual lighthouses and how a 729 foot-long ship known as the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in just ten seconds.
  • View the dozens of pictures of lighthouses and the beautiful places where they stand and serve as symbols of an era whose time is still with us.
  • Explore the many links to lighthouse web sites around America and the world to learn more about these sentinels that have captured the hearts and minds of young and old alike.

Legendary Lighthouses II

+0
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/17/2010 4:22:35 AM
This is the kind of weather the boats look for the light house to guide them in.Looks like another boat beside it taken pictures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz4PtgqI5Oc&feature=related
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!