Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Pong: What is leadership?
12/26/2005 2:25:42 AM
Linda, This is another good subject. Someone said, if you want to see if you are a leader, look around and see if anyone is following. :) Jim Rohn and Chris Widener just published a new book "Twelve Pillars". Loved it and highly recommend it. They use a story to teach some great concepts. One concept is Leadership. They state that the World can always use more Great Leaders. And To lead others is to help them change their thoughts, beliefs and actions for the better. They talked about Leadership as being in a position to influence others. Leaders make a difference. They said Managers help people see themselves as they are. Leaders help people see themselves better than they are. And Leaders talk about what could be. And then they take the steps to help the people become what could be. One important thing they said: " The leader-foller relationship is built on trust. No one will follow you if they don't trust you. Happy New Year.
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/26/2005 12:23:18 PM
Interesting topic. Somewhere I read an interesting quote about leadership. It said: If you think you are good leader, try telling someone elses dog to lay down. Anthony Robbins also wrote something I found interesting: "Leaders aren't very realistic, but they are accurate." Case in point? Gandhi believed he could gain autonomy for India without violently opposing Great Britain - something that had never been done before. He wasn't being realistic, but he certainly proved to be very accurate.
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/28/2005 3:19:13 PM
======================================== Ralph Nader says; I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. ========================================== How about this: Is not the act of producing more leaders not just creating more followers? (For leaders have to learn from someone therefore they are simply followers.)
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/29/2005 3:04:45 AM
Yo! Winston, You commented: =============== "How about this: Is not the act of producing more leaders not just creating more followers? (For leaders have to learn from someone therefore they are simply followers.) " ================ Think of a team of huskies pulling a sled in the snow - something you guys will be familiar with (as I bask in the glorious sun Downunda)... If you're not the lead dog the view is all the same! Gary Simpson
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/29/2005 8:44:21 AM
Hi Gary! Hope you and your family had a good Christmas. ===================================== If you're not the lead dog the view is all the same! ===================================== But even then, the lead dog is being directed is it not?
+0