Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
REFUEL THAT LOVE TANK
5/19/2010 7:46:58 PM

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT)

Love can be absolutely exhausting. Don't let anyone fool you. The kind of love that really makes a difference in this world will zap everything out of you.

Sometimes you just don't feel like you have any more love to give. Maybe you're in a people-intensive job - such as teacher, salesman, or waitress - and you come home and think, "I just can't face another need, another problem, or another heartache." So you just shut down.

Or you need to show love to a particular person who is demanding, selfish, and never returns your love. And you just think to yourself, "I'm done. No more."

While that's perfectly natural and perfectly human, it's not the standard of love God calls us to in the Bible. The Bible says, "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT) Love NEVER gives up.

How can you have that kind of persistent love for another person? You get refueled.

When my kids were young, I remember taking the family to a nearby air show. It was so impressive to see how they would hook up a tanker to a jet in flight to refuel. I'll never forget that.

But, can you imagine someone flying a jet saying, "I don't need to refuel?" The jet would crash and burn. In a long distance flight, a jet has to refuel.

To give the kind of persistent love that God wants you to give, you have to refuel your love tank. Look around at society, and you'll see it's littered with debris from relationships that have crashed and burned because people didn't refuel their love.

How do you refuel your love tank? You start by letting God love you. "We love because he first loved us." (I John 4:19 NIV) When you're worn out, tired, and can't imagine showing love to anyone else, remember that God loved you so much that he sent his son to die for you.

Now that's real fuel. That's what keeps you going when you want to quit.

God_bless you Adlandpro Members!! :-))

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: REFUEL THAT LOVE TANK
5/19/2010 7:53:05 PM
Ahh the love of a child, love of a parent, significant other, brother, sister, cousin ...

and God loves us ALL !
+0
5/19/2010 8:14:45 PM

Well, hello and look who is back for a minute! Thomas it would be great if you had the time to revive your forums we miss you. I see you active in FB and other places. Not enough hours in a day...

REFUEL THE LOVE!

Sara

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2010 9:42:00 PM
Love is another four letter word, but it is one of the nicest one in any language. A lot of love has been shown lately for a person that really doesn't deserve it. Even his little buddy the walking trash can doesn't come around anymore. However, that love is beginning to show more and more in a Community that we have all grown to love. At times it has been tough love, but love never the less.
Shirley often wishes that she could have new clothes or get a permanent or perhaps go out to a restaurant for a meal. At the end of each day and the beginning of each morning we both kiss and say, "I Love You." Love is also forgiven others for what cannot be, or for what wishes have not been granted, and for being appreciative for what has been done or what can be done rather than what is impossible to do at this time. Love is also the mostaccesible commodity there is. It is given freely and returned ten fold. We love you Thomas for this wonderful topic.
Remember the good old days when a guy would get ready to go to the Hop? The most important thing in preperation to meet all thos wonderful girls in their Poodle skirts was to put as much slickum on your hair as you could. The slickum is more readily available now than it was back than, but if you live in the North or California it is a long drive to the Gulf of Mexico.
So, how about an AdlandPro Reunion to show the new people what Love is really all about.

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2010 10:12:31 PM

Well it looks that that is just what you are doing!

Welcome back Thomas-I know you haven't gone anywhere-just bizzy as a bee:)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!