Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dennis Clairmont

642 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Feedback
12/8/2012 8:37:09 PM
Quote:
WELL I AM NOT SURE WHAT I AM VOLUNTEERING FOR. put me down on the list.

pat

Hi Pat

I sent you a message filling you in about the 100 Friends.
Take a look if it's for you or not.
The new members will have a chance to accept the 100 friends or pass.
If you volunteer you'll be added to the list.
You could end up with 1000"s of new friends everyday new people join adlandpro.
Make sure it's what you want the most active in adlandpro are the ones that will be at the top of the list.

Dennis

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2012 9:24:09 PM

Hi Dennis,

I wonder if you'd get more volunteers from the active members if you put a link at the POTW election, for the 100 Friends thread. There are already a lot of links in the ballot area but maybe highlight it or something.

I'm glad you stated that the most active volunteers will be at the top of the 100 Friends volunteers list, because in the thread for 100 Friends, I noticed lots of people I didn't recognize, and clicked on them and many of them don't have their profiles filled in, don't have active forums, and only made 1 post...the one at the 100 Friends thread, even though lots of them have been members for over a year. Some of those volunteers need advice immediately, I don't know if they are in the position to give advice to new people yet. I'm in the process of inviting them to my friendship list today.

Quote:

Quote:

pat

Hi Pat

Make sure it's what you want the most active in adlandpro are the ones that will be at the top of the list.

Dennis

+0
Ken
Ken Wolff

1889 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2012 10:39:08 PM
Quote:

Hi Dennis,

I wonder if you'd get more volunteers from the active members if you put a link at the POTW election, for the 100 Friends thread. There are already a lot of links in the ballot area but maybe highlight it or something.

I'm glad you stated that the most active volunteers will be at the top of the 100 Friends volunteers list, because in the thread for 100 Friends, I noticed lots of people I didn't recognize, and clicked on them and many of them don't have their profiles filled in, don't have active forums, and only made 1 post...the one at the 100 Friends thread, even though lots of them have been members for over a year. Some of those volunteers need advice immediately, I don't know if they are in the position to give advice to new people yet. I'm in the process of inviting them to my friendship list today.

Quote:

Quote:

pat

Hi Pat

Dennis

Thanks for posting this Kathleen! I too noticed that a lot of the volunteers could use some help in becoming active productive members benefiting themselves as well as Adlandpro. I have invited all of them that were not on my list of friends to connect. I like the idea of posting a link to the 100 friends thread in the POTW election thread. It would be good to somehow emphasize that they would be volunteering to help people get the most out of Adlandpro by putting in their best personal brand( picture, about me, adding a forum and keeping it active, etc.).
Ken Wolff
wolff2001@gmail.com
916-704-9238

The Soaring Eagle Team
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/8/2012 10:52:01 PM
Hi everyone ^-^

What a great question Kathleen and a good response from Ken.

I think it fantastic that people want to volunteer, but yes not having any kind of profile is not going to help others in the way this was intended to be.

I guess my only idea, that might help and add to the discussion is that someone send these wonderful people a message, number one acknowledging their willingness to help out and maybe something to the effect of

" Thank you.................. For volunteering for the 100 Friends that is appreciated. For you to be able to volunteer and be part of this program, we need you to do a couple of things.
1.We have noted that you need to complete your profile, ( putting an image on, filling out the About Me etc.) If you are having difficulties doing these things, just contact us and we will help you.
2. Part of being a volunteer requires being active on the forums and maybe even creating one of your own? Rather than list every forum topic on Adland ( there are so many), here are a few of the topics that we feel you will enjoy and we would encourage you to get involved in.
( list a few of the different forums)

When you have done these actions, please come back and volunteer.

Looking forward to you joining our team.

Best Regards

This is just an idea to solve the problem

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Dennis,

Quote:

Quote:

pat

Hi Pat

Dennis

Thanks for posting this Kathleen! I too noticed that a lot of the volunteers could use some help in becoming active productive members benefiting themselves as well as Adlandpro. I have invited all of them that were not on my list of friends to connect. I like the idea of posting a link to the 100 friends thread in the POTW election thread. It would be good to somehow emphasize that they would be volunteering to help people get the most out of Adlandpro by putting in their best personal brand( picture, about me, etc.).
+0
Dennis Clairmont

642 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/8/2012 10:59:19 PM
Quote:

Hi Dennis,

Quote:

Quote:

pat

Hi Pat

Dennis

Hi Kathleen

My Answer may be way outside the box but here it goes.

Jim would have to add the link in the POTW Forum.
The most active will be the first to be the first 100 on the list when it gets to 300 or 400 Volunteers we'll still pick the most active.This was all in the plan from the beginning.
Bogdan wants activity in the adlandpro community this is a way to deliver it.This will keep new members active with 100 new friends to hang out with and this will keep the long time members active to stay on the Volunteer list.I think the long time members need to be rewarded for there faithfulness to the adlandpro community in a way it is a reward to have a huge list of friends and also help the new members settle in and keep them active.

We can opt out of the list at any time that is also an option.
Down the Road we can add another feature and place inactive members in a sleep mode.
With an automatic weekly wake up email sent out by adlandpro
There are things in the works that will help us all and benefit the whole adlandpro community.
A good way to check activity is who"s Voting in the POTW forum and posting that voted.

Thank you all for supporting these features this community will begin to out advertise out socialize out do other communities that have been biting little by little at us for year.
Together with members owner and staff with new modernized features working as a team we can be unstoppable.
In these few weeks the difference in the adlandpro community has been amazing.More activity and signups the change is great and will get great to extreme..
The thing is we have to spread the word all over the internet once it hits the search engines first pages the Dam will burst the a wave of new signups to the adlandpro community thus more friends.As a 100 friend volunteer you could gain 1000"s of new friends on your friend list very fast.So are you Ready????

Dennis

+0