Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A COSMIC RELIGION?
5/8/2010 1:33:34 AM

The Nazca Lines

Dear Friends,

Finally, a few paragraphs on the enigmatic Nazca lines of Peru that may help to further stress the importance of astronomy as a key element of religion for all ancient civilizations. And not only for the auroral ones, created in the image of the primordial civilization, but also for those that appeared later on as an image of them and both in the Old and the New World, but mainly in the New. Also, to understand the fact that everything in the universe was sacred for them - and "both in heaven and earth", as in the Lord's prayer.

Here is a superb video showing the Nazca Lines in Peru. The music is also most impressive in its solemnity and beauty.

Here, a few remarks may help realize what the lines were and what they were used for. Also, whether there is any similarity with the recently discovered geoglyphs in the Brazil's Amazon forest - in fact, not far from Peru, and you may remember that it is in Peru that the Amazon river has its source - and with the so-called crop circles that regularly appear in Britain and other countries of Europe.

Aerial photograph and plan of the Fazenda Colorada site, which is made up
of clear geometric shapes. Excavations suggest inhabitants lived in the
three-sided square. (Photo: Science & Tech at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1240821/Lost-Amazon-civilisation-revealed-forests-cleared-cattle-grazing.html)

One of the things Mejia Xespe, the real discoverer of the Nazca lines in around 1929, observed from the start was that the most recurrent straight lines converged on the setting sun at the horizon. This clearly indicated that their main purpose was astronomical and specifically intended to determine the equinoctial and solstitial points in the year, thus enabling the Nazca priesthood to create an elaborate agricultural calendar to ensure the people's survival.

Of course, this main purpose was not exclusive of the Nazca culture; it was the case with absolutely all ancient high cultures. All other purposes, including the ceremonial and ritualistic ones, were subordinated to the main purpose. In the case of the solstices, processions and ritualistic dances were conducted not so much to propitiate the higher powers into favoring good, successful crops - in other words, to get the stars and everything in the universe to keep working like a perfect mechanism - as to make the image of order and harmony of the celestial movements sink into the faithful's minds by imitating them. Here the other figures also played a crucial role, since they reproduced the main constellations and by following them (in a way, by re-creating them) a successful outcome would be ensured.

The creation of one of the most important auroral civilizations, Stonehenge,
like all other ancient monuments in the world, was mainly intended as an

observatory and an instrument for determining the equinoxes and
solstices and many other celestial movements.
(Photo: Taringa! at
http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1818903/Stonehenge,-un-poco-de-historia.html)

Yet another purpose was to teach the novices the astronomical science. In this way, the lines and all other buildings and paraphernalia served all three major purposes. It is absurd to say, as archaeologists do, that the monuments in the Brazilian forest "may also have had a ceremonial function", since all ancient cultures would always resort to ceremonies in order to propitiate, or rather imitate, their "gods" - that is, the entire universe.

Of course there were other, more esoteric ceremonies reserved to the priesthood where they adored the Supreme Spirit, the AUM, the owner of everything, that lives everywhere and in every being as well.

Remember, for ancient cultures, everything was sacred, all beings, all activities, all endeavors, everything.

As I always say, we have a lot to learn from them. It was in times of decadence that they performed sacrifices and the like.

Hugs and Blessings,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

Nazca Lines - El colibrí
('The Humming Bird')

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
5/13/2010 1:48:01 PM

Dear Miguelji,

Delighted to see and participate in this new forum you have created. Your ideas are interesting and there is much information for me to learn.

Best wishes for every success and warm regards and God Bless

Mohan

Warm regards and God BlessMohan
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/14/2010 9:27:34 PM
Dear Mohanji!

Welcome to my new forum. Am I happy to see you here! And what a great honor you do us by participating. Indeed, you are a ray of light and a blessing for any forum.

And yet, I am so ashamed for my long silence after I promised a reply to your inquires. You cannot imagine how many times I have attempted a response and then discarded it for inconclusive. I only ask God's inspiration to get it right as soon as possible.

With Love and Blessings,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
5/14/2010 9:53:32 PM

Luis, you have so much deep reading here it will take me some time to try and absorb even a little!!

Wanted to stop by and leave you this...

Blessings,

Sara

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/16/2010 6:08:59 PM
Quote:

Luis, you have so much deep reading here it will take me some time to try and absorb even a little!!

Wanted to stop by and leave you this...

Blessings,

Sara

Dear Sara,

You are most welcome in this forum. If I have not posted anything for a couple of days is because I wanted to take a look at it from a distance, so to speak, in order to get a general view of it before proceeding. You know, like taking a few steps back from a painting you are just creating.

Anyway, I am delighted to see you here and would love to have your feedback once the forum gets more on its way. Where, I am not sure. On the one hand I want it to be as spontaneous as possible, basically a fruit of inspiration. On the other hand, I would like for it to have at least a measure of scientific rigor.

Hugs and Blessings,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!