Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
How do blogs help websites?
12/23/2005 12:46:57 AM
Hello all and Merry Christmas. I was just asked, "How do blogs help websites?" I start by saying when you do a blog you are becoming a writer. Blogs are popular because people keep adding to them fresh content and search engines love fresh content. So, how does this help your website? If you write an article for a particular item or service from your site and pick relevent keywords in your article that relate to your site you can 'hyperlink' the keywords to point to that part of your site. An example: "Lately, I have noticed that certain styles of living tend to drift to a certain blogging service over another. Teens and young adults have built a 'blog culture' around one service that has drawn major musical artists and groups in, keeping their music popularity with this culture. On the other side we have the business blogs drawing in more creative business-minded people to use blogs to market and profit. Blah blah blah ... You get the picture. Now just don't have all keywords pointing to you. Get where you have some high traffic sites in your linked keywords as well, complimenting but not competeing with your products or services. You want your name floating around with the big boys and getting popular. Don't you? The most important thing about blogging - be natural. Write like you talk. People go to blogs for information. Not to read a sales pitch. Where possible, write about a true life experience of your product or service. Give quotes of people and their views if you can. The more natural you sound the more enjoyable for the reader to read. Your blog is a part of your personality. People are curious of other people. So, the way you say things will impact your credibility. Best thing here is - be honest. Don't be afraid to put a little negative in if it's the truth. Don't write five paragraphs of bad to make a point. Short and simple and then move on. You also want the sound of happiness that this is a part of you. Your business and your blog. Be grateful and show it. There you go. If you have questions feel free to messege me here at AdlandPro anytime. Kenneth R Sword Jr http://www.bizzyblogz.com/krsword My RSS feed: http://www.bizzyblogz.com/rss.php?u=krsword
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: How do blogs help websites?
12/23/2005 1:17:03 AM
Kenneth Thanks for the invite for your blogging info Merry Christmas Linda
+0
12/23/2005 1:24:57 AM
Thanks Kenneth.. I'm really getting the hang of it all and I'm glad I finally know how to put subscriptions on my site. I like the fact to help people get updates on sales with my blogs and let them know my experiences with my products. Somethings I see blogs as your own forum and thread for yourself. I'm glad adlandpro has rss feeds here too because it really helps me follow my responses from my forums in my 360. I don't use my yahoo that much, but I need to start. and my msn.
Don't delete my cookies, They're YUMMY!!
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/23/2005 2:52:59 PM
Good advice Kenneth! I'm currently taking a blogging cllass, and am surprised what a sophisticated medium that blogging is becoming.
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2005 4:33:49 PM
hi, blogging has become very inportant in many ways. we are about to see so many changes. blogs will become the center of a lot of the tasks that we all do every day. they will be able to keep you organized, informed, able to get music, ebooks, store pictures, and so much more. promoting your business will be so much easier. your blog can even be your welcome center. there is really no limit to what a blog will soon be capable of communicating. nan
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!