Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doris Beaulieu

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
When One Sows Homeschooling, What is One Reaping?
3/2/2010 4:14:21 PM

The Torments of a Modest Secluded Farm Life is a book that has been put into screenplay format, that provides much insight for parents considering homeschooling. It is very important to consider the life long effects such a decision will have on the children, especially negatively. As a child who grew up in a similar situation, this is the true story of what will happen to such children if the proper precautions are not taken.

I was very much a child of the 50's. I attended a religious private school and was constantly under pressure from my strict parents that believed being " sheltered" from the world was the only way to live a pure and healthy life. I was repressed in everything that I did as I grew up in this environment. I was never exposed to any of the harsh realities that most modern children can see by just turning on a television set.

The day finally came, that I had to leave my hometown. I had to leave this blanket of comfort that, unbeknownst to me, was smothering all of my social development. I was married very young, still a child in mind and body, and I was thrown into the city and the hard tough world that I could not understand, nor could I cope with alone. I mentally became very tormented within myself as to what was right in the world–that caused me great fear of everyone around me. People were not as trusting as I was raised to believe and I found them to be of such cruelness; imagining that people were as they were left me feeling sick inside. I wanted to hide within my own shell away from everyone. How could I overcome the fears and learn to live in such a cruel world when I was raised so sheltered? Were my parents were setting me up for a life of mental therapy? Take a good hard look at the long-term affects and consider the ramifications. Will such children be able to handle conflicts in an adult relationship if they never handled them in child play when they leave their sheltered environment?

If you are considering such schooling or are just interested, please, read it and consider the consequences. I am genuinely interested in making a difference and protecting others from my experiences; I feel that through this book and screenplay I am provided with a great opportunity to do so.

Best regards;
Doris Anne Beaulieu
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: When One Sows Homeschooling, What is One Reaping?
3/2/2010 9:44:07 PM
I also feel I was raised in a very sheltered family, loving, going to church, making the right choices.. I thank God I had a stable family, parents and was raised in the middle of last
century ... This Century sucks ... for children and famly !

As a young adult ... I was thrown into total chaos ... of marriage and a chaotic world !
I was glad I always turned away from the chaos and that I had normal stable parents who made
me strong and I had learned to make better choices, to choose the right ...

The majority of children today don't have a clue what normal is ....

+0
Doris Beaulieu

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/12/2010 11:37:27 AM
My " Broken Souls" video book/screenplay commercial will be out this week and I will come post it here for everyone.

Have a nice day,
Doris Anne Beaulieu
+0
Doris Beaulieu

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/15/2010 8:32:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDiEa1H1w34
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!