Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Karen Gigikos

1410 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: THE DUTCH BAROQUE - JAN VERMEER
3/14/2010 5:03:42 AM

Hi Luis

here is another pictureThe Astronomer, 1668 Giclee Print

karen gigikos / black belt grannyHobbies
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2010 6:15:33 AM
Quote:
Hi Luis,

I sure have enjoyed all your posts of these wonderful painters. I have never bothered about any of it, You are making me aware of art. Thank you.

Here is a rose just for you.

Hi Myrna and Miguel,

My comp was very stubborn to try to wake me up :) (it still hasn`t learned how much I like disobedience and a luck of discipline :) ).
First, it made me very happy, feeling again like intelligent human being. (Now my comp works in the direction contra of any possible technology and ........ magic; how it works - no one can figure out.)
But my pleasure (narcisoid, of course) was short-lasting :)))) . The best way to cut off the pretty head of Narcissus, is to help him to meet a real worth. If I could be jealous, Miguel would be an endless resource of my jealousy. This man seems knows everything :). EACH his post mirrors encyclopedic knowledge, artistic talent, noble attitude ... and I can`t enjoy them enough.
And then - Myrna. She do not need to write ANYTHING. It`s enough just to appear - Sunlike and Silent - to create a very special feeling of being loved.

AND ALL OF THIS here, at Vermeer`s Word of Beauty and Silence, at the Great Art of The World, at AdlandPro - the homeland of .......... LOL Adlanders (what a privilege to have this citizenship!!!!!!!!).

I have no idea who will cook today at my home.

Love,
Branka
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2010 9:14:24 AM
Quote:

Here is a precious landscape by Jacob van Ruysdael. I hope you like it.

Jacob van Ruysdael (c.1628 - 1686) - A View of Haarlem

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Gotiizolo

Luis,

This is a lovely landscape. I can see the same qualities of detail light and composition with one of your favourites, John Constable. Constable of course painted very much in the East of England (Suffolk, Cambridgeshire etc.) and the scenery is much like that of Holland. Low, flat and wet.

Thanks for this picture.

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2010 11:18:31 AM
Roger, thanks for reminding me to thank to Miguel for this beautiful landscape. I was in awe with him and Myrna, so our great painter simply came into second plane.

Now something very interesting : comparing my favorite "The Little Street" and this "The View of Haarlem", first one opens the celestial landscapes to me, and this one, opposite at all, makes me claustrophobic.
Hmmm.

Branka
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2010 1:50:46 AM
Quote:
Hi Luis, Thank you for this forum. It has so much culture,history and art. I visit it often. Keep up a great job. LaNell

Dear LaNell,

It is I who thank you for showing up and posting. And what a great honor that you visit often. Please keep doing so, you will always be most welcome.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0