Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Papas Kitchen
11/16/2010 4:33:50 AM
Hello My Friends,

Here's an exotic warm stew that is loved by all and is very easy to make. A real favorite here at my house. It's also delicious as a vegetarian dish, without chicken. Serve over couscous or rice.

Moroccan Tagine

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
  • 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 dash cayenne pepper

Directions

1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken, onion, and garlic about 15 minutes, until browned.
  2. Mix the squash, garbanzo beans, carrot, tomatoes with juice, broth, sugar, and lemon juice into the skillet. Season with salt, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, and continue cooking 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/16/2010 7:13:34 PM
Hello My Friend,

Today we'll be putting together a whole meal. Just add some Seasoned Rice to the Chops and the Carrots, then you'll have one happy Family, and you'll love how easy it is to prepare.

An Italian seasoned bread crumb and Parmesan cheese crust makes these tender chops a true delight. My family actually prefers these over my marinated and grilled pork chops, when I give them a choice. If you do not have an oven-proof skillet, you may cook the chops on the stove at medium-low.

Italian Breaded Pork Chops

Ingredients

• 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 4 pork chops

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
  3. Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, reserving for other uses.
  4. Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.
  5. Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F

Then, while the chops bake, you can fix these nicely seasoned Garlic Carrots on your skillet. I use bite-sized carrots that don't need to be cut or peeled and I always keep a jar of prepared minced garlic on hand, to save on prep and cleanup time.

Garlic Carrots

Ingredients

• 1 pound baby carrots
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Dash pepper

Directions

1. In a skillet, saute carrots and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add water, salt, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until carrots are tender.

Have A Terrific Tuesday My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/22/2010 3:50:24 PM
Hello My Friends,

Here's a Recipe that's moist and juicy, with a simple pan gravy. Whatever the occassion, this savory roast chicken is one of my favorite recipes, whenever I want to make my family or guests feel welcome and appreciated.

Lemon-Herb Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy

Ingredients:

1 lemon

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Low-Sodium Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves

1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 roasting chicken (5 to 7 pounds)

1/4 cup dry white wine

1/4 cup water

Directions:

Heat the oven to 375°F. Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from the lemon.

Stir the lemon zest, lemon juice, soup, rosemary, thyme and garlic in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup soup mixture for the gravy. Place the chicken into a shallow roasting pan.

Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Brush the chicken with 1/4 cup soup mixture.

Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.

Spoon off any fat from the pan juices. Stir the wine in the roasting pan and heat over medium-high heat to a boil, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the reserved soup mixture and water and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.

Serve the gravy with the chicken.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2010 8:41:04 PM

Hello My Friends,

Hope that everyone had a Lovely Thanksgiving, filled with Good Friends & Family, Good Time, and lots of Delicious Food. I haven't been by here at my regular Threads for awhile, because I've been concentrating on Thanksgiving. Now that it's the day after Turkey Day, hope everyone had a few leftovers, 'cause this one's for you!

After the big T-day feast, this classic turkey soup makes fine use of turkey with added vegetables such as carrots, celery, onions, peas, white rice, and even leftover stuffing. This easy and delicious turkey soup can be made using leftovers from either Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. I usually make cornbread muffins to serve with it.

Day-After Thanksgivng Turkey Soup

Ingredients

• 1 picked over turkey carcass
  • 1 1/2 cups leftover stuffing
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 1 onion, peeled and diced
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon ground sage
  • 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
  • garlic salt to taste
  • ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 cups (uncooked) regular long-grain white rice
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas

Directions

1. Place the turkey carcass in a large, deep pot, and add the stuffing, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, sage, and chicken broth. Pour in additional water if needed to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 1 hour, skimming off any foam. Remove the carcass and any bones. Pick any meat off and return to the pot, discarding bones and skin.
  2. Season to taste with garlic salt and pepper. Stir in the rice and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the peas, and continue to simmer until rice is tender, about 10 minutes more. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Have A Restful Weekend My Friends,

Phil

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/27/2010 8:43:24 PM
YUM Phil !!! I am roasting a 14 pound turkey today for hubby and me. We always go over to my sister's house for Thanksgiving and her "kids" get the leftovers.

Wish me LUCK in preparing the bird today!!!

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!