Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Neely's Blueberry Crisp
2/19/2010 10:23:20 PM

I copied a recipe from the Food Network, Neely's show. It is for blueberry crisp, but I didn't have enough blueberries so I added some apples. The crisp was delicious. You can substitute the fruit of your choice, as long as it is one that can be baked.

Blueberry/Apple Crisp

This recipe makes an 8X8" cake pan of crisp.

Blueberries

Apples, peeled and sliced small

1/4 cup sugar

1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Mix ingredients together and set aside. Use as much fruit as you need to fill the baking pan 1/2 to 3/4 full.

Topping:

1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup quick cooking oats

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 stick butter, room temperature

3/4 cup nuts of your choice

Instructions:

Stir together until the mixture crumbles. Put blueberry/apple mixture in baking pan. Put the topping mixture all over the top of the fruit.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Neely's Blueberry Crisp
2/19/2010 10:45:01 PM
This is awesome ! It is like a recipe I use to make from scratch for cherry crisp, or you could use apple, peach .... it was so good !

I stopped baking as I got older, and trying to stay away from sugar ...

Linda
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/19/2010 11:21:26 PM

Hi Linda,

I don't bake very often either, but do have a sweet tooth that demands dessert!

Yes, the blueberry/apple crisp is very good. You could use less sugar when making it to cut down on the calories/carbohydrates.

DonnaZ

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/20/2010 2:55:07 AM
Hi Donna,

Blueberry Crisp sounds great. I will try and get my chocolate cake in here soon

Looks good, yes
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/21/2010 3:13:05 AM

Hi Donna,

Speaking of the Food Network, here's one of my favorites, quick & easy and just full of calories...

Apricot Pull-Apart

Pull-apart bread can be prepped the night before and baked in the morning to delight your company with a delicious breakfast treat.

Ingredients
  • 24 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2/3 cup apricot preserves
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preparation

• Cut rolls in half.
  • In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip 24 roll halves into butter then roll in sugar mixture. Place in a sprayed Bundt pan. Spoon half of the apricot preserves between the roll halves; sprinkle with half of the pecans. Repeat with remaining roll halves. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in size or even with top of Bundt pan.
  • Remove wrap and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking. Immediately after baking invert onto serving platter.

Have A Wonderful Weekend,

Phil

By the way, if you like it naturally sweet without the sugar, for some of the best honey this side of Heaven, http://www.simplycajun.com

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!