Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION?
1/29/2010 2:59:47 AM
HI FRIENDS,
I'd like to remind you of the importance of Identity Theft Protection in this day and age.
Even people overseas can steal your information and take your identity in a short period of time.
They can take what you have and ruin your name quickly. Unless you have a system in place to stop this and obtain your credit and so forth it can take a long time to get things right again.
I will also post some stats in this forum. If anyone's had a bad experience with identity theft please post it here. The business I am in now has a system in place to help avoid identity theft. If you would like more information on that please email me.
Thanks so much !
Carla
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION?
1/29/2010 3:02:35 AM
  • Nearly 10 million Americans fell victim to identity theft fraud in 2008***

• Identity thefts in 2007 totaled $49.3 billion dollars***

• Identity theft has been the top consumer complaint to the FTC for the past five years in a row**

• The average victim spends an average of 44 hours recovering from identity theft*

• It is estimated that financial institutions lose an average of $4,800 to the identity thief per identity theft victim*

• Identity theft victims spend an average of $500 repairing damage to their good name and credit record*

• In 16 percent of all cases, the victim personally knew the person who had misused their personal information*

• Six percent of all victims reported a family member or relative asthe person responsible for misusing their personal information*

• An estimated 25 percent of victims who had new accounts opened intheir names did not discover that their identity was stolen until morethan six months after it first occurred, compared to just 3 percent ofidentity theft victims who experienced only the misuse of theirexisting accounts. *

• People ages 45 - 54 were most likely to be victims of identitytheft. In the 2006 FTC study, they represent 31 percent of all identitytheft victims.*

• People at the younger and older ends of the age distribution areless likely to be victims of identity theft than are other members ofthe public. Those between ages 18 - 24 made up just 9 percent ofidentity theft victims. Similarly, those age 65 and over made up just 9percent of identity theft victims.*

• 24 percent of identity theft complaints received by the Federal Trade Commission were from members of a part of Generation Y (ages 20 -29)**
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!