Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
MERRY CHRISTMAS
12/24/2009 6:21:05 AM
Hello All,

I'd like to wish all my friends

A MERRY CHRISTMAS
&
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Shalom,

Peter

As reported in the Jerusalem Post:

Choosing your own Christmas trees from KKL-JNF forests

"Ican't believe that Israelis ensure that Christians in Israel haveChristmas trees! This is really cool!" We were speaking to Nathan, astudent at the Jerusalem University College on Mt. Zion, whom we met atKKL-JNF's traditional Christmas tree distribution at their regionaloffices at Givat Yeshayahu, on Wednesday, 10th December. "Mybrother-in-law, who lives in Centerpoint, Iowa, is also here with hischildren. It's his first visit to Israel and I invited him to come withme to pick up a Christmas tree. His kids are having a great time, theair here is so fresh and it's just a beautiful day. I'm studying thehistory and geography of the Holy Land at the Jerusalem UniversityCollege, the only Protestant institution of its kind. I'm on a two-yearprogram and let me tell you, this is really amazing!"

"Everyyear just before Christmas, KKL-JNF distributes trees to churches,monasteries, embassies and the foreign press in Israel. EliBen-Sheetrit, KKL-JNF forester in charge of the lower Judean coastalplain, told us about the project and how it worked: "The first thing wehad to do was to choose which tree would make the most beautifulChristmas tree. We decided on the Arizona cedar and as you can see, noone is disappointed by our choice." -more

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS
12/24/2009 12:19:44 PM

Hello Peter,

Very nice of you topost here, much appreciated.

The Christmas tree isa very new tradition in our western world, it only dates back to some 200 or so.Similarly for Christmas that was settled to being at the first day ofnoticeable day-time increase thereby giving new hope and faith for better daysby the birth of the redeemer, the Christmas tree is the only tree thatmaintains its green canopy up here in the northern hemisphere and thereby is ina way the only tree that does and did never lose hope or faith for what’s tocome. In that sense I see no specific religious background for the tree toportray in its own way Hope and Faith for this time of the year.

Friendly yours,

Robert.

+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS
12/24/2009 2:48:14 PM

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!