Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Don't forget to "ping" your blog.
9/21/2009 1:03:36 AM

There are a lot of people blogging these days. Many will conscientiously go to their blog time after time, update their comments, and then they go their merry way, content that somehow, the world will become aware of their thoughts, opinions, or offers.

However, just like with webpages, simply "having" a blog is not always enough.

Once you have made a new comment to your blog, you  should "ping" it.  There are several services out there that can do this for you, but the two I use most often are:

Pingomatic.com and Pingoat.com

Why ping your blog, and what the heck is a "ping" anyway?

Basically, pinging your blog just means letting several different websites know that you have updated your blog.  They then come around and add your latest piece of wisdom to their database.

This is good, but even better is the fact that the search engines then check these sites to see what's going on.  That's often how information on your blog gets into the search engines.

Not exactly sure how to make your blog as effective as it can be?  Check out Rob Benwell's "Blogging to the Bank" for ways to not only make your blog an important Internet asset, but to earn money while doing it!

Have a great day!

Don

+0
Jose Palomino

242 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Don't forget to "ping" your blog.
9/21/2009 6:21:43 PM

Thanks Don,

Keep up the good work.

jose

I use my spare time to help others to Become A Top 3% Online Earner!. http://www.trker.com/go/57389/Adlan-s
+0
RE: Don't forget to "ping" your blog.
9/21/2009 6:33:35 PM

Thank you, Jose.

Have a great day!

Don

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!