Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Trouble Brewin'
8/31/2009 2:46:14 PM

Whats the biggest trouble you've gotten yourself into? It could relate to your childhood, your career, whatever. As a young, handsome lad, I got into trouble occasionally, but not everyday. I was a good boy. But I do remember one instance when my mom told me not to do something, and went ahead a did it anyway. Me and my younger brother were both given some money for whatever reason, and my mom told us not to lose it. I thought for sure I'd lose my money, so I came up with the brillant idea of taking brother's money instead, just to show the neighbor kids what we had.

"Come look at what I got" and "I'm kind of a big deal" was my mentality at the time. But, sure enough, I somehow lost my brother's dollar outside (now who could've predicted that?). I rallied the neighbor kids to go on a hunt for the lost bill, but we found nothing. With no other options, I decided to confess to mom what I had done. Game over. She was furious, made me look her in the eyes while she yelled at me, and made me sit on the front porch for about a half hour. Needless to say, I learned my lesson.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Trouble Brewin'
8/31/2009 3:15:30 PM

Hi Jayson,

I felt bad about that, i remember it was a Sunday because you were wearing some goofy nice shirt after church and I was already having a bad day.  I'm sure your day wasn't great either sitting on the cement porch, feeling sad, wearing a church shirt, while all the other kids were playing, but you DID have a tendency to torment your little brother, then he grew up to torment you, hmmmm.

But I was greatly surprised a few years later when you covered for your little brother when he took a few dollars, then you "found it" because he knew he was in trouble and gave it to you to give back, so you "looked for it and found it" and gave it to me. LOL! 

+0
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Trouble Brewin'
9/3/2009 2:57:57 PM

Funny thing about me covering for him. He never thanked me. Not once. Oh, but I'm sure he meant to, he probably just forgot while he was looking at himself in the mirror like a parakeet.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!