Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
How to Go Christmas Caroling in Romania
12/15/2005 3:16:42 AM
In Romania, children often wander around their neighborhoods singing Christmas carols during this special time of year. Steps: 1. Teach your children the words of popular holiday songs and poems. 2. Encourage them to practice singing and reciting the verses prior to the holiday. 3. Remember that the songs have religious overtones and deeper meaning. 4. Explain to your children how the songs convey the idea of connecting with God and overcoming the challenges faced in life. Help them decorate a steaua, or large wooden star with shiny paper; add ribbons and bells, too. 5. Paste a picture of the Holy Family on the center of the star. 6. Expect the leader of the group to carry this on a long wooden pole. 7. Understand that the star is symbolized by the following words of a song that is often sung: "Do you receive the pretty star, Pretty and so bright? It has appeared on the earth, Just like God thought it would be right; And it could be seen on high, Just like we did, in the sky." Tips: Understand that Romanian Christmas carols are an important part of the country's folklore. Make sure your children have a chaperone with them when they go out at night.

PS: Make sure you listen to one of  our carols below!
Now I could post one!!!
+0
Gene Tinney

468 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: How to Go Christmas Caroling in Romania
12/15/2005 9:12:28 AM
Thanks Ana Maria,Nice of you to share and explain this to us your friend Gene
+0
12/15/2005 2:37:48 PM
Caroling was a part of the Christmas season when I was younger. It is not so much the case now. I do miss hearing the children sing, but I guess that's life in the big city. Thanks for sharing your traditions. Kate
Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/15/2005 3:36:59 PM
Hi Gene and Kate, Thanks for your interest in our customs. That is why I like Christmas. We managed to keep some parts of our traditions. At least this Caroling. Hope I'll manage sharing at least one with you my friends. I'm working on this. Wish you the best.
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/23/2007 2:25:42 PM
Hello my dear friends :-)

At the time I've made this thread, there weren't so many features available and I couldn't post any of the carols I would wished to! ... but now?!... I can , so here it is one of them:

((youtube id="zSdZxcVnGhM"))((/youtube))

I'll post more for you if you want to!

With lots of friendship,
Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!