Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ed
Ed Matechuk

7 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
I would like your opinion of my website
12/9/2005 6:03:56 PM
Hi Linda, I enjoy reading your comments regarding websites. I would like you to take a look at my website and give me your honest opinion. My website has been professionly built last May. I have not had much success with it and I think that it lacks a lively landing page. Let me know what you think. http://www.4yourchoice.com thanks, Ed
+0
Re: I would like your opinion of my website
12/10/2005 3:04:04 PM
Hi Ed: Your site isn't loading for me. I just keep getting "Page Could Not be Displayed" errors. Is there a typo in the url? Or is your host down, perhaps? IE gives a 'cannot find server' message. : ) Linda
+0
Ed
Ed Matechuk

7 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/10/2005 6:49:18 PM
Hi Linda. I just clicked on my website and it did load. I do not know why it would not open for you. Maybe you can give it another try, thanks Ed http://www.4yourchoice.com
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/10/2005 8:30:27 PM
Hi Ed, Just thought I'd have a quick look. If you want my 2c worth as a prospective customer, looker, whatever... 1 - page loaded quick so that was good 2 - colours look good - good corporate look 3 - Google PR of 3 is respectable 4 - fade in headline at top of page is cool 5 - The (VOIP) in the first line needs to be explained. I know what it means but many will not. 6 - I didn't like the little microphone buttons down the page. I prefer ticks but that is just my opinion. 7 - On the "About Us" page some of the paragraphs are disjointed - no big deal but I would fix it up. 8 - I only skimmed the FAQ page but it looked informative. Overall, the site looks quite professional to me. However, I read somewhere that having a URL with a number in it is not a good idea. Apparently it confuses people. In fact, 4yourchoice really doesn't do the website justice - again, just my opinion. If you look at my URL then you know what to expect before you get there. Yours gives no indication. Maybe the word "conference" - like www.conferencecall.com. But I dunno if that is available. I'm only commenting on what I see when I hit the URL. Linda is the expert on behind the scenes keywords etc. Her opinion will be far more valuable than mine. I was just going in as Joe Public to give you some feedback from that perspective. Gary Simpson
+0
12/10/2005 9:53:43 PM
Hi Ed: I still can't load your site. Peter and I have tried 4 different browsers on three different computers - and no go. I took screen captures of the errors and time outs to show you. Have a peek here; http://www.lindacaroll.com/adland/ed.gif Just out of curiosity, I did a whois check on the domain to see where it's hosted. This is what I found; Domain Name: 4YOURCHOICE.COM Registrar: NAMESDIRECT.COM, INC. Whois Server: whois.namesdirect.com Referral URL: http://www.namesdirect.com Name Server: NS1.KIOSKDNS.COM Name Server: NS2.KIOSKDNS.COM I am not able to load KIOSKDNS.COM, either. At namesdirect.com they mention offering both hosting as well as redirection. Is your domain actually hosted? Or redirected? It would be silly of me to think that Peter and I are the only two people in the world that can't load it - so, if we can't load it on three different systems here, I'm assuming there are other people that can't load your site, either. : ) Linda P.S. I actually like domains that start with a number. Most directories list sites alphabetically, starting with numbers. By starting with the number 4, your site will be listed above even the letter "a" -- at least in an alphabetical directory list. The only time a number is confusing is when you're trying to say the domain on the phone or on the radio. Online, we "link to" domains anyway, so the confusion issue disappears. Now... once I can figure out how to SEE the site, I can comment on more than the domain name. lol
+0