Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
People who are unable to motivate themselves ...
3/13/2005 3:20:09 PM
"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents." – Andrew Carnegie, Industrialist
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: People who are unable to motivate themselves ...
3/13/2005 5:03:24 PM
I agree with this one 100% Bogdan. It's such a waste when highly talented and intelligent people just can't find the motivation and ambition to rise above mediocrity. Amalia http://www.showmypage.com
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0
Thomas West

8 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/13/2005 5:07:36 PM
Do you think that Tiger Woods struggles to motivate himself? I'm sure he has his days where he'd rather not be on the golf course. But to him, being the #2 golfer in the world is accepting mediocrity.
+0
Thea Westra

235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/13/2005 9:33:32 PM
Wonderful quote. One of the best ways to motivate yourself is by surrounding yourself with people who are looking to live beyond mediocrity. That's why Thomas and myself (plus others at Adland) are part of a great mastermind/coaching group of leaders. Check out my Mentoring For Free link or Thomas' Success In 10 Steps link. It's the best thing I ever did for my business expansion. No selling, recruiting or mentioning of company names - you can join these weekly leader calls, no matter what type of business you have. Mediocrity does not live here! "Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot." ~ Jim Rohn ~ "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing that's why we recommend it daily." ~ Zig Ziglar ~ Love from Thea :)
+0
3/14/2005 8:48:41 PM
Where does your motivation come from? Does it come from inside yourself? Or does it come from others or from God? Motivation can come in many different forms as well. And some motivators are not good. Fear is a motivator. Do you want to be motivated to act out of fear of losing something? Greed is a motivator. If you're motivated by greed, you're more than likely not going to be successful in the true sense of the word. You may have money and a lot of influence but it won't be long lasting and you will probably not have many true friends to share it with. If you're motivated by the thought of making a lot of money, money in itself is not a bad thing to want, but if money is your only reason for getting up in the morning you're missing out on a lot of wonderful blessings. Don't spend your whole life seeking fortune and fame and find yourself alone and surrounded by material things that you can't take with you when you die. Instead be motivated by seeking the blessings of others. Be inspired by the smiles and the appreciation for your help. Be motivated by the ultimate prize of hearing Him say to you, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. Come and claim your reward."
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!