Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Podcast and how a blog can help
12/3/2005 1:52:07 PM
When you create a podcast, it's not always for a mobile device. Some people download and listen to podcasts on their personal computers. So really, what's the difference between a normal podcast and a mobilcast? The difference isn't so much in the creation of the podcast, but rather how it is accessed by the user. Rather than surfing the web to locate a podcast, you're locating them on your phone using the Mobilcast application and then downloading them directly to your phone. How does this effect the end user of episodes that you, as a podcast creator, publish? I think it is a fair question to ask. People who find and download podcasts to their storage/listening device over their PC are (in general) doing so from a static location. But people who download mobilcasts are, by definition, mobile. This means they are using their device while they are "on the move" to get their podcasts. And because they are using their device while "on the move" it is fair to assume that they are looking for podcasts to supply them with something related to their situation. So what do we know about their situation? On the average we can assume that they are: * Not at home * Not otherwise occupied * Looking for information or entertainment That's really about it. We can't necessarily assume that they're looking for entertainment right at the moment because it's possible that they're going to listen to the podcast later. In this forum, we want to look at scenarios involving how people use mobilcast podcasts. We (meaning anyone who makes mobile podcasts) can then use this information to better target our audience by creating podcasts for them. With your blog set up and you having created catagories for your subscribers you can now give your listeners/readers a choice to content. You are able to not only create a podcast for each catagory but you are giving them current and archived information. And you can state that the podcast was sponsored by "YOUR WEBSITE". Now you are branding yourself. This can be done in text as well as audio/video. Ok, everyone, a quick stats for you to see. SOLD IN 2005 (worldwide) 16 million iPods 200 million PCs 750 million Cell Phones With an estimated 70 - 80 million mobilcast capable phones in the U.S. alone by the end of this year, why wouldn’t you want to expand your audience? Now, find a blog service that can accomodate your needs and start reaching those audiences. Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Podcast and how a blog can help
12/3/2005 3:08:44 PM
This is wonderful info. i've been working on my blog at bizzyblogs to be ready for all this wonderful new technowlogy. when you take one step at a time and build on it, it really isn't hard at all. blogs are the new way of communicating and we have to be ready for each new advance.
+0
12/4/2005 8:41:01 PM
Hello Kenneth, Bloggs are one of the best Communication tools on line For any porpuse, Including Marketing. As you already know, Weblog or blog population is exploding around the world, resembling the growth of e-mail users in the 1990s. Post your ads where people read them! J. Munoz Inc. http://tinyurl.com/bruar http://wealyhy4life.ws
Joseph Munoz
+0
Lisa Lomas

707 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/19/2005 10:28:13 PM
Hello Kenneth, Very interesting as their is some site going around right now offering free mobiles, of course they have to sign up to a plan & be committed for a while. but it does get more users into that position of not living without one. Very interesting my friend. Kindly lisa
Thinking of visiting New Zealand. A must see is Hawkes Bay, Hastings. http://www.hawkesbaymotel.co.nz
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!