Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
PLEASE make sure all your security products are operating as they should and are up-to-date.
12/2/2005 11:59:15 AM
Just as a reminder, PLEASE make sure all your security products are operating as they should and are up-to-date. If we take the necessary precautions and counter-measures there is no reason why your computing cannot be a safe experience. Yes, the incursions upon our computing freedom and security increase but so does the technology to fight the criminals behind this. But if we are smart and stay aware, we can overcome it. The world has become an armed camp and your computer must be suitably fortified. This is an exasperating state of affairs brought on by a variety of factors, political and social. When I was in school the only badges I saw were the kids in the Safety Patrol (believe it or not founded in 1902). There were no metal detectors, no barbwire, just a bunch of kids and teachers. A lethal weapon was a bad report card, which was lethal to yours truly and no one else. Times have most assuredly changed. It is no wonder that cybercrime exits, there is a lot of crime out there in all aspects of society. But there is no reason to panic; our job is to help you protect your information and your computers. The better you learn your basics and your tools the safer you will be. And despite what the mass media would like you to believe, it's not all bad out there. For instance capital murder statistics have gone down for 14 years in a row in the U.S.! However, yet another critical Windows flaw has been discovered in this ongoing saga. All I can say folks is keep up on your patches. I am in the process of putting together a special issue on Keyloggers, if you have some input please send it to me.
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0
Bo
Bo Tipton

70 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: PLEASE make sure all your security products are operating as they should and are up-to-date.
12/2/2005 1:21:12 PM
Thank you Doug I am looking forward to your report on keyloggers. What has amazed me is how easy it is for them to moniter keystrokes but how also how easy it is to prevent it. Thanks Bo
Free Training on How To Make Money On The Internet http://100percentcommissiontraffic.com/?rid=2
+0
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: PLEASE make sure all your security products are operating as they should and are up-to-date.
12/2/2005 2:10:18 PM
Whats funny is that the first keylogger was made by a guy who worked for Digital. He made it to troubleshoot a Power Switching program for PG&E.
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/3/2005 4:52:14 AM
Doug Thanks for the invite for your security story Linda
+0