Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pong - Talk About Not Knowing Jack!
11/26/2005 9:55:49 PM
Hi: Did you know the human brain works like a pinball machine? It's true. Thoughts bounce off each other. If we're lucky, we hit the KACHING, KACHING, KACHING part once in a while. So, I'm going to start "pong" threads. As you read the thread, throw in your thoughts. I think some of them could go to interesting places that we all learn from. And maybe have some fun, too. PONG #1: Talk About Not Knowing Jack! Jack made a comment (jokingly) that Gary is trying to get on the top poster's list. You know, I'd never seen that list. Talk about not knowing Jack! lol So I went to look. Adland has 22,000 registered users. (Left column shows current registered users) -- 6,512 members post at the forums (I added up the full poster's list) -- 233 people have more than 100 posts. -- 467 people have 50-99 posts -- 5,812 people have only 1-49 posts I actually came across one guy whose profile says "Don't send me ads as a personal message or I'll file a SPAM complaint with your ISP" Not surprisingly, he has no friends. LOL I laughed... like the ISP would do anything since the ads aren't sent through email... but it made me wonder. --> Do you think people are turned off by the number of people that blast out ads? --> Do you think that having 800 active members (in the forums) is normal for 22,000 members? --> Do you think that there's a lot of people that might not be into the 'click it rich' mentality but would love to know about this forum? --> Do you think that all the un-active people just posted a classified and don't come back? What do YOU think? : ) Linda
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Pong - Talk About Not Knowing Jack!
11/26/2005 10:17:02 PM
Yes, the people who start or "own" certain forums are possesive about "their" territory. Might not be normal or acceptable for the creator of the forum but if that's the reality, there has to be a reason. My speculation is that greed has two sides: 1) get as much for free as you can, 2) get as many "sales" for as little cost as possible. Yes, but there's plenty of choice topics If they has some action from their ad, they'll be back.
+0
Carrie Poulsen

67 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/26/2005 10:19:06 PM
yum!I know Jack than what happen to Jack Dreamthoughts knows Jack come on in visit http://www.dreamthoughts.net Jack has snowman friends take a look 32423
Our Dream shop, for you yours truly www.dreamthoughts.net
+0
11/26/2005 10:23:34 PM
LOL :D Should I take the risk of letting you know my basic nature leans toward the guy with no friends? :) I am changing. I have made a committment to accept invitations and do my best to message people in here. After all, why be in a community if not interested in doing that> (talking to myself out loud). According to many marketing sources conversion of just 1%-2% indicates enough to consider the campign or copy successful. If you look at AdlandPros stats... 800 out of 22,000 isn't that bad actually. Well in thinking about it from the perspective of the widest untargeted group that land in here, to the smaller number that will create a profile and join the community and then the inner circle of posters and Forum owners, it does reflect a decent number of participants I guess. I value friendship. I do have to be honest and say that it can be hard to manage getting into the Top Posting catagories for me. At least until I am enjoying sufficient succes in Marketing to be on auto-pilot for the most part I think. Right now I need to work on establishing my presence on the Web to begin with. I enjoy the threads here so much- keep up the good work Larry
+0
11/26/2005 10:24:02 PM
Linda, You have such nice threads, LOL. ============================== 1. --> Do you think people are turned off by the number of people that blast out ads? 2. --> Do you think that having 800 active members (in the forums) is normal for 22,000 members? 3. --> Do you think that there's a lot of people that might not be into the 'click it rich' mentality but would love to know about this forum? 4. --> Do you think that all the un-active people just posted a classified and don't come back? 5. What do YOU think? ============================== 1. Yes, I know I am. 2. Yes. Not the greatest ratio is it. That is why those that post a bunch are really doing the greatest thing they can with AdlandPro right now. IMHO 3. Yes. How do we get the message to them? 4. I think there needs to be a massive membership drive for AdlandPro. Remember that the Community part of AdlandPro is just over a year old though. eBay was in the same ballpark in 1 yr.
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0