Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: need your advice
11/20/2005 9:38:26 PM
Hi Sue: I'm glad Greer was here to help before I got here. (thanks Greer) Just as a word of advice, before you join ANY program, I recommend that you do a Google search of the program name. Just type the exact name, with quotation marks around it, into the search box at Google. Usually you'll find a wealth of information. Another search that anyone looking for business opportunities should do is a search for "work at home scams" - and read a few of the links that come up. Some other things you may want to look at: The Federal Trade Commision site on scams; http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/invest/homewrk.htm Better Business Bureau Advice; http://www.bbb.org/alerts/article.asp?ID=436 The US Post Office also offers a free cd warning people about online scams; http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/wahscams.htm And - of course - you are always welcome to visit here and ask for feedback, too. : ) Linda
+0
11/20/2005 9:59:51 PM
Thanks Linda, I'm glad you and greer where there for me or I would have done a studid thing, thanks for the info I will save in my file for future use. I guess that I will stay and work my pet sites, which I should of done instead of looking elsewhere trying to earn more income. But I have been trying to get my sites out there and not getting any response, its getting very frustrating. Thanks again both of you for your help, it means alot to have people out there like you helping people like me, thanks again Sue
+0
11/20/2005 10:29:04 PM
Hi Sue You're very welcome. I have some ideas for you, but I'm just in the middle of about three other things. lol I'll come back and post more, but just wanted to let you know so you don't disappear on us. : ) : ) Linda
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/21/2005 4:01:35 AM
Sue, Good advice from Greer and Linda. One thing I noticed when I had a quick look at the site you nominated was that it has a Google Page Rank of 0/10. That tends to indicate to me that the website has not been around for very long. At a guess - less than 3 or 4 months. If you want you can download the Google Toolbar from Google itself - no cost. It is a handy guide for watching website relevance (in the eyes of Google). I wouldn't be without it now. PR just gives an indication of longevity and importance. I had to laugh when I scanned to the bottom of the page - you have to SPEND money for them to tell you how to MAKE money. $97 or something. That had a bit of an odor about it - especially since one person claims to have made $80,000 in 1 month (did I read that correctly?). Why put up a site and collect $97 from visitors when the owner of the site could be making $80,000 themself - in a month? Duh! Didn't make sense to me. Like, they'd have to sell 825 reports to do the same and I will BET that they don't sell anywhere near that number. I couldn't wait to dump the dopey site off my screen quick enough. Gary Simpson
+0
11/21/2005 11:42:54 AM
Ho Gary, I would just like to point out that the Google Toolbar, while a very effective tool, is not an indicator of a how long a website has been around. It indicates how much value Google gives a site, based upon the rest of the internet. It involves a lot of different things when making that assesment. I really do not want to draw attention to this website but they have been around since Jan. 2002, the fact that they have a 0 out 10 since that time, is an indicator that Google doesn't see them as valuable.
+0