Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Strange Money #5: Network Marketing Q/A
5/30/2006 5:06:01 AM
Cheri, You must have been holding your eyes open with matchsticks. That is true dedication! I retired the flak jacket but there is a promise of some heavy-hitters coming here to take me on, so I might have to check on the coleslaw cannon in the gun safe just to make sure it is in good working order. ================= "The things that you and Gary have experienced sound ugly, sinister and frightening." ================= If you read ANY of the exposes by the ex-Amway MLM big-pins then you will learn that indeed all those things - ugly, sinister and frightening - will be present. Whenever big money is involved then certain characters begin to show their worst traits. If anybody is interested I'm sure I could find those links. They are damning in the extreme and I have personally seen pretty much all of it. I think David's had a glimpse too. Hence, my rigid stance. Gary
+0
5/30/2006 9:44:14 AM
Hi Cheri and all, I hope you are right about Senator Hatch. Gary you said: ======================= I think David's had a glimpse too. ======================= You are right Gary. In fact every MLM I have actively promoted I have been burnt with. Stand strong Gary. I am with you. I will help in whatever small way I can as you are the champion. The pen is truly mightier than the sword to those who seek peace. David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/30/2006 10:57:19 AM
Hi Gary, David Gary, I think the word would have been doggedness, rather than determination. Toward the end I was just scanning for keywords as I scrolled. In previous MLM forays, I was waaaaaay down the line from any heavy hitters and never heard any of this type of discussion. Of course one of the news programs, 20/20? had a big 'expose' (where is that darn accent mark?) of Amway a few years back. The company I believe in now, though I'm not a good example of a promoter, is fairly new, local and still in its infancy so I do know the principals. They were big in a nutritional company that is also local, and can tell some tales, but don't. I've heard hints here and there, so I'm interested though I'd be really surprised if these guys operated that way. The only compensation changes that have happened so far took about 5% out of the company's pocket. Presumably they made those changes to attract the heavy hitters that we so far lack, but I can see why. The growth is really, really slow when you don't have those people driving it. A prominent member of this community who shall remain nameless told me that this company wouldn't make it for those very reasons. Maybe not, but while they are here their product has put me on solid financial ground, so I think I'll hang around and see what happens. Cheri
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/30/2006 8:03:29 PM
Gee David, ============== "You are right Gary. In fact every MLM I have actively promoted I have been burnt with. Stand strong Gary. I am with you. I will help in whatever small way I can as you are the champion. The pen is truly mightier than the sword to those who seek peace." ============== THANKS! You know what you are doing though - you are ENCOURAGING me! - LOL! Seriously David, thank you. Gary
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/30/2006 8:41:49 PM
Of course one of the news programs, 20/20? had a big 'expose' (where is that darn accent mark?) of Amway a few years back. -------------------------------------------- I remember that. But the program was Dateline. If we're talking about the same one about three years ago. Though the reporter certainly had a good story, his one sidedness and lack of actual evidence (heresay mainly though there was other) was heavily critized by our local news reporters (Course that may have something to do with the fact that Amways' Canadian Headquarters are located in this area as well and they put a lot of time and money into the community! LOL) His story focused mainly on evidence of a former Amway Big Wig who was out promoting his NEW MLM business (duh! like this is a no brainer! LOL). An association in itself which makes the evidence he put forward highly questionable to say the least, regardless if he was right or wrong. This type of sensationalism media never ceases to amaze me. :-)
+0