Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Strange Money #5: Network Marketing Q/A
11/13/2005 11:24:32 AM
Hi! The "strange money" threads look at some of the "profit" programs out there, so we can add light and logic to what's being promoted on the web, and here at Adland, too. If you want to catch up; 1: Strange Ways to Make Money 2: Paypal Randomizer (HOT thread) 3: Pay to Surf Programs 4: Autosurf Programs This Thread: Network Marketing! MLM and Network Marketing are popular subjects, not just here at Adland, but everywhere. And no wonder - there are people that have become millionaires through MLM. But, there's a lot of abuse and lack of information, too. In my opinion, the "system" isn't the problem. People usually are. Take email as an example. "Email" itself isn't a bad thing. Spammers that send millions of emails a day are a problem. People that don't know any better and buy from them feed the problem. Business owners that don't know any better and hire spam companies to "promote" their website also feed into the problem. But "email" isn't the problem. Same thing with MLM/Network Marketing. So... let's talk about it as a path to profit. Can you tell me your thoughts on these? 1) How do you feel about the concept of MLM/Network Marketing? Love it? Hate it? Why? 2) Why does it have such a "bad" name? 3) What is the difference between an MLM/Network Marketing Business and a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme? 4) What is the "secret" to succeeding in MLM/Network Marketing - in your opinion? 5) Have you ever really made any money with MLM? If so, which one? My goal with this thread is to help create an understanding of "which" MLM/NWM are good opportunities and which are not, and how to work them. After all, we don't make profit if we don't have the "know how" - and profit is what this forum is about. : ) Linda
+0
Bob
Bob Needham

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Strange Money #5: Network Marketing Q/A
11/13/2005 12:43:22 PM
Oh boy, You are opening a can of worms here... get your wet noodle ready! I'll play. 1) MLM marketing, I love it! There is no other opportunity in the world today that gives so many people the power to control their own destiny, income, and time. You can literally start with nothing and build your business to a full time income. 2) It's got a bad name because it's darn tough to do! People are lazy, so they are susceptible to the seduction of con artists with their promises of easy riches. When they figure out they've been duped the whole industry is lumped as "bad". 3) A legitimite MLM company provides the vehicle to market a service or product that the affiliates can promote and make a profit on to an end user. A product (or service) based pyramid is just a front for an unethical company to sign up more and more affiliates with the promise of riches by bringing other people in. 4) No "secret"... perseverance, integrity, cooperation. The same principles that make a successful offline business. 5)Yes, I am making money with Global Domains International. Not anywhere near a fulltime income, but a consistently growing, honest and ethical, profitable income. And I'm having a blast! Bob
+0
11/13/2005 12:51:51 PM
Linda, My prediction: This thread will be the most valuable to your followers. Answers to your questions; 1) My feelings are somewhat neutral at this time. I don't hate them and I don't love them. I have studied the value and benefits of MLM/Network Marketing and I still have a hard time participating. I like the people component but dislike the over-selling component. 1) I think the bad name image comes from people's abuse of the marketing method and as humans we are more sensitive to human errors than corporate errors. If you did 100 very good things in your life and 1 very bad thing, what do you think people will remember? If a corporation did the same, a new identify can be created very easily. In my opinion Network Marketing is not very good at separating the job of the employee from the intention of the individual. I don't have a good answer for this question. 3) One is a marketing/distribution choice for a product/service of value and the other is a deception of a quality product/service. 4) Two parts and they are both trust. Earning and maintaining your customers trust and trusting your suppliers. 5) I made a few thousand dollars in Excel Communications. I look forward to learning about MLM/NWM opportunities that get mentioned in this thread. I always maintain an open mind but I am more skeptical than ever as a result of pass experiences.
+0
11/13/2005 12:55:53 PM
Hi Linda, You had to do it didn't you, LOL! You have opened the hornets nest now :-) Here are my answers to your questions. 1) How do you feel about the concept of MLM/Network Marketing? A1: I dislike MLMs. I have loved them. I have worked them hard. I have always, been burnt. I have learned in everyone also. I have seen GREED in them as in most partnerships. The business community in general avoids partnerships if possible. I think that is also a good reason to avoid MLMs if possible. 2) Why does it have such a "bad" name? A2: I think they have a bad name because of unsrupulous people who create bad MLMs. There are unscrupulous people who work in well designed MLMs. 3) What is the difference between an MLM/Network Marketing Business and a Ponzi/Pyramid scheme? A3: Ponzi schemes require money for membership and recruiting of members to make money. There is no real physical product being purchased. Sometimes there are freebies to justify the expense. 99.99% of these can be found other ways, usually for free. 4) What is the "secret" to succeeding in MLM/Network Marketing - in your opinion? A4: The secret is to own one. You can also have a loyal group that will follow you wherever you go, instant profitability :-) 5) Have you ever really made any money with MLM? If so, which one? A5: Yes, I have made money with http://www.madebig.com the product of http://www.tmii.com. Their recruiting page is http://www.incometicket.com These are all general pages, not mine specifically.
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
11/13/2005 1:00:27 PM
Hi Bob, Excluding your purchases, have you generated more than $3000.00 of revenue in the last 12 months from Global Domains International?
+0